Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Panucatt Devices

Posted by IceMan 
Panucatt Devices
May 13, 2013 05:03AM
Hi all,

Just wandering if those of you who are using the Azteeg X3 with its drivers, bed and so forth could comment on your experiences with these.
I have only used the Arduino with the ramps 1.4 myself.
From what I can read/see on their website it looks like an awesome package.
Any feedback much appreciated.

Regards
Jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2013 09:31AM by IceMan.

======================================
[3dprinting4u.wordpress.com]
Re: Panucatt Devices
May 13, 2013 09:56AM
I can't comment on the X3, but I have switched over to their version of the DRV8825 stepper driver on all axes and they're pretty awesome.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
May 13, 2013 10:04AM
I use the X3 on my big printer, put jumpers on the Pololu sockets, and run the Step/Dir/En signals out to box 2M542 stepper drivers.
It works well.

This is not an X3 issue, but I have better results using the SD card vs the USB cable, with arc jitters the main issue. Long straight lines are fast and accurate. I'm now outputting the STL files in Solidworks using the coarse setting, which reduces the polygon count.

Roy offers great support over there.

Dave
May 13, 2013 10:57AM
I use the X3 with the Helios bed combination on my Mendel90. It has been working great and I think it is a great choice and offers a lot of expansion capabilities.

My only complaint was that it took a while to ship, but Roy had just finished a Kickstarter campaign that launched the "Viki" product, so he was very busy with that.

Fl0yd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 10:58AM by Fl0yd.
May 14, 2013 09:37AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the info
I might give the x3 a go later on

Regards
Jan
May 14, 2013 10:19AM
I'm using the X1 (V1 with the 644) .....Works as expected.

Build quality is top notch and price is ok. I was going to start using them in my kits but the vendor is a bit spotty on communication so I decided to switch back to RAMPS because I use them in kits and community support is better for RAMPS.
May 15, 2013 08:39PM
Yes what Floyd said - great product but not always quick to deliver.
I am using a second Azteeg X3, this time with a Viki and it is very easy to use and program. The multiple options for terminals is brilliant and all the terminals come out for multiple motors and hot ends.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login