Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reliable Filament Supplier

Posted by uMinded 
Reliable Filament Supplier
May 13, 2013 10:20AM
I have had nothing but problems with filament quality the last year. When my supply from Ultimachine ran out I went to other suppliers as their shipping was murder to Canada but I have since spent 3x more and have not printed a SINGLE THING!

My problem is simple, I can extrude at 250+mm/min without a care in the world but when I extrude slowly the filament jams and strips out. From the Printing Material Suppliers Wiki: "It had bulges that jammed my extruder and did not work well when printed below ~48 mm/sec, making it unsutable of single prints of small objects."

The filament I am having the problems with is from Mbot3d and they have not responded to my emails about low quality issues and I would like to print something this YEAR. I do not have much money to waste so I want to get a known reliable filament and if I can get it from one of the two amazon suppliers that would be quite a benefit

SainSmart 1.75mm ABS Filament 1kg/2.2lb blue.
Jet - ABS 1.75mm, Grey color, 1.0kg/2.204lb

Has anybody used these filaments before? My friend has the SainSmart blue right now and says its working great but the wiki has their white PLA has horrible quality so I want to make sure before I buy. Alternatively what other brand would you recommend for around $50?
Re: Reliable Filament Supplier
May 13, 2013 11:46AM
I sent you a PM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 11:47AM by thecrazy.
May 13, 2013 02:48PM
The suppliers that I use that all have excellent quality are Ultimachine, ProtoParadigm, and Printbl. They are all US-based though.

Eckertech is located in Canada, and seem to have quality stuff. I haven't ordered plastic from them, but I do have one of their hot ends. [www.eckertech.com]

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
May 13, 2013 09:50PM
I had really good luck with 3dprinterstuff filament but they are probably just as high as Ultimachine.
May 14, 2013 02:59PM
For Quality plastic in Canada I would have to recommend EckerTech. I have used several rolls of there plastic with no serious issues.

In fact I stock it in my own store. smiling smiley

US I've tried MakerBot and 3DPrinterStuff. Both are Good Quality.

Ultimachine is presumed to be as good as the above. I haven't actually use any yet.

Komb'
Glankonian Protoforms
May 14, 2013 03:15PM
I have used Raintbot3d and have had good luck with them. I have used only their ABS in white, glow in the dark green, and green/blue color changing (heat based) filament. I have gotten all my orders within a few days of my order (usually about 3-4).
May 14, 2013 04:50PM
I currently have a spool from SainSmart. 1.75 abs white, and it's fine (almost used it all in fact). The actual filament ran between 1.75 to 1.80mm.
May 14, 2013 09:29PM
yay for being in canada, i love my ultimachine and makergear stuff, so far my sainsmart role is working no issues. i wish i could have said the same about my one mix shop test order.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login