Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G3D Buda-style HotEnd v1.2 on Prusa i3

Posted by Crux 
G3D Buda-style HotEnd v1.2 on Prusa i3
May 19, 2013 10:13AM
Hi.

I am building prusa i3 (standard printed parts), and recieved last days the G3D Buda-style HotEnd v1.2 from here.

Is is compatible? I dont find any instrucions and I did not find how to use it. Whats wrong?

Thanks in advance! winking smiley
Re: G3D Buda-style HotEnd v1.2 on Prusa i3
May 19, 2013 11:14AM
Yes, it's perfectly usable, I like the hotend very much, I have had three hotends now, and the Buda is by far the nicest one I had.

Start with the 0.5 nozzle, and look at the pictures on the web to see how to connect it.

The only thing may be that you need to print a new extruder that fits the Buda.
What I did was download this one: [www.thingiverse.com] and change in the OpenSCAD file the opening on the bottom. I closed it up completely so the hole where the filament goes through in the extruder, is exactly above the Budaschnozzle without any inbetween space.

Also, I had to print out a new X-carriage, but I am using an Air so I have a horizontal carriage, and you have a vertical one with the i3 so I can't tell whats good for you and if you need another one like I did.

The thermistor in the firmware also needs to be set, for me it was thermistor #1 in the Marlin firmware thermistor table.

Is this helping?
- Marinus
May 19, 2013 03:58PM
I already have the complete greg's wade reloaded extruded. Would anything be usuable?

what parts would be needed to adapt the g3g buda-style hotend?

Would anyone point me on the right way to adapt it?

Sorry for being a noob here smiling smiley
May 19, 2013 04:21PM
There are parts like this one:
[www.thingiverse.com]

They can help users using the Buda without problems. But I thought it was better to just create a whole new extruder through altering the OpenSCAD files on the extruder I linked before.

You can also use the Buda without using that part by the way, no problem, just make sure you are cooling the top of the hotend, otherwise the heat will travel up to the extruder and the filament will become softer and crumple up in the area between the extruder and hotend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login