Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cool architecture that I'll print for free!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by thomas201989 
Cool architecture that I'll print for free!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 27, 2013 05:47AM
I'm an architecture student in my final year. I've built a 3d model of part of my building using sketchup but its full of holes!! No good for 3D printing and I'm not good enough with MAX to fix it. I've attached a picture to this post for everyone to have a look at.

Is anyone willing to build a version of this for 3D printing for the 29th. I'd print it for you and pay for professional photographs which I would send back???
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 10.38.00.png (438.4 KB)
Re: Cool architecture that I'll print for free!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 27, 2013 08:54AM
Do you want to post up the source file you have created so far?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 08:54AM by squeeks.
Re: Cool architecture that I'll print for free!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 27, 2013 10:35AM
Is there any way you can convert it to simplified 3D objects with solid guts?
To make things cheap, I would make hollow openings inside but I would make them cylindrical.
May 27, 2013 10:51AM
Heres the STL exported from sketchup
Attachments:
open | download - Visitor Centre.stl (148.4 KB)
May 28, 2013 10:45AM
is it to the scale you want in the sketchup file? im a 3DS max Designer/CAD Drafter in Florida, with 3d printing as a hobby. what is your budget and timeline? would the model need support material?( Does it have big overhangs?)
May 28, 2013 10:51AM
ive looked at the file, would it need to be hollow( do you need to see through the windows to the other side?) or could they be inset a little with a solid core. the scale looks full size, what scale ratio where you looking for?
May 28, 2013 01:44PM
I would scale it to 1:100 for printing. Yeah it does need to be hollow as shown in the STL, but the walls could be thickened up to say 300mm 1:1 (3mm 1:100). Budget isn't a problem but time is! I need to have it printed on Friday latest.

By support material do you mean support material in the printer?
May 28, 2013 03:04PM
I PMed you the file fixed up for printing.

[www.matter-replicator.com]
May 29, 2013 11:55AM
Ahhh...the good old days of crazy architecture studio deadlines. I miss the nicotine and caffeine fueled haze that was the final week leading up to presentations. Good times.

What school are you attending?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login