Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LM8UU VS IGUS

Posted by Enlightx 
Re: LM8UU VS IGUS
January 22, 2015 12:08PM
To be honest I have over 300 hours on my chinese bushings. They are louder than the printed bushings I have. However I found that packing them with grease before installing helped. I feel they have lost some tolerance since new but not much. On my end effector rebuild I am contemplating printing ABS bushings then machining the right size to get rid of the print ridges. However I believe I can use synthetic axle grease to prolong their wear as well as include a grease port on the bushings to make maintenance much easier. I have greased my ball bearings every 50 hours of work. Its messy but it keeps the printer working smoothly.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
January 22, 2015 01:35PM
50 hours is to me less than 4 days. I can't dismantled my printer that often. What a waste of time ! Igus Drylin bushings are 3 times more expensive than chinese LM8UU. On the 12 chinese bearings I own, only 8 was fully functionnal. I could deal with it, with grease and ear plugs. But why ? Igus bushings just works. you install it and you leave it. Perfect results first time, anytime. What more would you like ?

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
January 22, 2015 05:12PM
I do not disassemble my printer for maintenance, packing was for the first install. I will be replacing the bushings after I am done making all new parts to go with my igus ball joints. I simply use a small brush and brush on some grease on the rods themselves. The bearings pick them up nicely and all is done. As for noise, I have to say the loudest parts of my printer are the motors. Other than that its actually a fairly quiet printer. I am considering reusing my old ball linear bearings with the new parts I am making for this printer (end effector and carriages and rods)....

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

January 22, 2015 05:23PM
If you're delight with LM8UU, it's fine to me. The LM8UU are sealed, that means they have a rubber lip that prevent any dust or anything, like grease, to comme in. If you want to grease them I'm affraid you need to unmount them...

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
January 23, 2015 10:31AM
Zavashier
If you're delight with LM8UU, it's fine to me. The LM8UU are sealed, that means they have a rubber lip that prevent any dust or anything, like grease, to comme in. If you want to grease them I'm affraid you need to unmount them...

The rods themselves are not chrome, they are drill bit rod if I recall correctly. That means they have a bit of a grain to them. Simply brushing some grease on the rods has made a fairly good difference. At least to me they have. I never said I am delighted by my bearings, what I am saying is that mileage will vary with these parts. I still would like to build my own glide surfaces. I am also looking at bearings that have a side nipple in them at this time so I can attach a grease gun to them.

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

January 23, 2015 03:32PM
I understand better winking smiley

April 05, 2016 03:03AM
Hello all guys how are you? anyone present here.
January 12, 2017 07:04PM
Did anyone have to change their xy jerk settings with the igus bearings
January 16, 2017 08:49PM
fargkenob
Did anyone have to change their xy jerk settings with the igus bearings

I am using them on x and y, haven't changed anything and i like them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login