Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mendelmax calibration

Posted by cuacharpas 
mendelmax calibration
July 04, 2013 01:09AM
Hi all I'm new to to 3d printing, I'm also not sure if this is the right place to put this, anyway I just finished putting together my mendelmax 1.5 with a RAMPS 1.4 board and I'm not sure what is happening please take a look at the calibration cube I made, Can someone tell me why it prints great but then it seems like instead of keeping square it starts to get round. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20130703_230007[1].jpg (459.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_20130703_230014[1].jpg (343.8 KB)
Re: mendelmax calibration
July 04, 2013 03:04AM
Looks like there's too much heat on those small layers, so the previous layer isn't fully solid by the time the next one is laid down, causing everything to turn into a blobular mess. You need a small fan blowing on the in-progress print to vacate that excess hear and cool the just-laid-down layer. Another way to improve things a bit is to set your slicer up with a minimum time per layer--say, 10 or 15 seconds.

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good!
July 04, 2013 04:55AM
thanks for all the help I am going to try that
July 04, 2013 05:17AM
Printing with a fan only works with PLA, if you do that when printing ABS, your prints will warp and detach from the print bed.

But it looks like you are printing with PLA smiling smiley
January 13, 2014 07:38PM
i'm to try to calibrate my mendel max1.5 what program are you using sprinter or marlin?

I'm setting Merling on my can yougive me a tip or two on the basic for setting on the mendelmax 1.5

thank you
January 13, 2014 11:35PM
as others have previously stated, enable in cool feature of your slicer the ability to slow down prints. the layers need to be below glass transition temp when the next layer above goes on top. this prevents squishing and bulging of the par you are making in narrow structures such as this test. set minimum layer time to at least 15 seconds, and fan speed to full if using slic3r.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 11:37PM by jamesdanielv.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login