Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should I sell my reprappro??

Posted by danlad1631 
Should I sell my reprappro??
July 08, 2013 04:36AM
I'm thinking of selling my reprappro for a mendel90. What would you do?

Would I get the same if not better results from a mendel90?

Is it easier to tune then a reprappro?

I just don't seem to be getting good results from my reprap and I forever tweaking it. I know that's what repraps seem to be about, but I just never get it right. The mendel90 seem to be a more solid machine, am I right in thinking that?
Re: Should I sell my reprappro??
July 08, 2013 07:57AM
I've self sourced and built a Sells Mendel a Prusa Mendel and a Mendel90, and find tuning to be more about how well I've put the machine together than the designs decisions themselves. I had huge issues with my first printer, but I find it being due to lack of experience. I'm still tuning the mendel90 and it is not exactly a walk in the park, but I've met most of the problems before so I'm more confident and it feels simpler.

I suggest you stick with your printer and then self source and print parts for a mendel90 (or any other design you like) which you put together yourself or with a friend.

In my opinion you'll need at least two printers anyway, to print spares when something break. I prefer one of them to be a trustworthy stable printer while I experiment with the other one.

It'll take time to master a RepRap, but if you stick with it, the payoff is awesome!

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
July 08, 2013 08:18AM
There always seems to be one problem after another with my reprappro. I seem to get one thing sorted out, turn it off and don't use it for a week then it's back when I use it again. I find it near impossible to level the bed with the 3 screws. Why can't it have 4 like the mendel90? One minute it was printing round objects round, then the next minute they are egg shaped. I've been trying for about 4 months to get it right but can't.

The mendel seems a more solid a simpler design.
July 08, 2013 09:29AM
The awesome thing about 3D Printing is you can re-purpose just about anything.

Print off some parts and then pull it apart.

Salvage the Electronics + Anything else, and build a different better type of printer.
July 08, 2013 07:15PM
Just buying another printer probably doesn't solve anything, BUT I really like Nophead's design of the Mendel90. If I havent had this new crush on the MendelMax, I would've bought his Mendel90.
July 08, 2013 07:40PM
I would keep both. One to print precise prints with a small nozzle. The other for speed and strength with a large nozzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 07:40PM by DanMoto.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login