Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap contest

Reprap contest
April 03, 2009 02:55PM
I just had a thought, wouldn't it be cool if there was a contest to see who could print the most complex shape with there reprap. Or maybe the most artistic or useful or something. You could have folks take a time laps video of there build and a picture of the finished whatever they make. Maybe even a little corporate sponsership from BFB or makerbot to sweetin the pot.winking smiley
I have no clue how many reprap/strap's there are out in the world but if enough it's be a lot of fun.

What do ya think?
Re: Reprap contest
April 14, 2009 08:14PM
You won't need to offer a prize or even announce a challenge to get people to want to print complicated shapes with their toys.
Re: Reprap contest
April 18, 2009 01:56PM
This is a great idea as a scholarship for students or student groups building RepRaps. I am a college student, and I would love such an opportunity to be available.

I really love the egalitarian philosophy of RepRap, and as a community college student, I would really love to see the RepRap promoted among community colleges, where there isn't always money available for fancy, expensive equipment or research.

How about a community college scholarship contest?? I would be thrilled to help promote this in my area!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login