Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with starting a Prusa iteration 2 build

Posted by SnoopPrinter 
Help with starting a Prusa iteration 2 build
July 20, 2013 07:17PM
Hello guys,

As i'm new here and even in 3D printing, i decided to build my own one. I was looking which printer should be right for me as a starter, as i've read on the RepRap Wiki the best to start is the Prusa, there is the new iteration 3 but as there is not that much documented yet and an guide as detailed as for the iteration 2 so i think this would be the best start, if i'm mistaken i would be glad to tell me which is a better option. But for now i have an greater problem, i can't find a complete list of things i need for building it, there is a partial on github of the project, but no complete. I would be very glad if someone could tell me where i can find a complete one or post one complete and where to get specific things and which shops you guys prefer. Actually i forgot to mention that i would prefer to keep the cost as low as there are good quality parts.

Thanks in advance for your advices and responses!
Re: Help with starting a Prusa iteration 2 build
July 21, 2013 03:10AM
Hi,
I think you making a wise call starting withth I2. "Fun to build" reprap wiki has the guide, Gary guide is good as well [garyhodgson.com] a good guide on you tube www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHK80jcqzM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 03:11AM by jinx.
July 21, 2013 05:24PM
Yeah but i can't find the BOM or a list of exact items listing of everything i need.
July 21, 2013 08:21PM
Hi ! Why don't you buy a kit with all the hardware you need ? I'm a new user too, and i have found a kit for my prusa air V2 at the same price for all.

bub

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 08:22PM by bubu.

RepRap Air V2 - Toulouse
[julienbuabent.fr]
[anythingz.com]
July 21, 2013 08:37PM
I'm just starting out to. Gary Hadgson Prusa Mendel guide is for i1. The YouTube Guide that jinx posted (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHK80jcqzM) is awesome. I think the RepRap wiki has the complete BOM:

[reprap.org])

Anyway hope it helps.
Jo1212
July 21, 2013 11:00PM
This might help...
[www.nextdayreprap.co.uk]

and scroll down to here..

Small (9 mb) : Prusa Mendel Build Manual Instructions (5226) .
Optimised (44 mb) : Prusa Mendel Build Manual Instructions (22827) .
Full Size (68 mb) : Reprap Prusa Mendel Build Manual Instructions (384065) .

July 22, 2013 10:19AM
[reprap.org]

Ok i've found it i think, thanks for the info anyway guys and that link of Waitaki was very helpfull to thank you very much!
July 22, 2013 11:03AM
I got an i2 kit from makerfarm.com, they include everything except the rods and glass and power supply. smiling smiley
then you just upgrade it from there to get the quality you want. Works pretty well out of the box though,
I would recommend a good fan duct and reel holder as your first printed upgrades. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login