Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flip stl file?

Posted by cashman04 
Flip stl file?
July 21, 2013 07:15PM
After printing a iphone case today, I noticed it was inverted. I would guess that it's due to me having my x an y axis's inverted in the firmware. It works fine, when I press left, it goes left, up for up and all that....but the case was inverted. Is there a way to flip the stl file in slic3r? Or will I need to turn my printer around, and unflip the axis's in the firmware?
Re: Flip stl file?
July 21, 2013 07:28PM
motor side dose not matter much, what side dose it home to the min or max side

if it is set to home to min but you have it setup to go to the max side you will get your exact problem

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
July 21, 2013 07:48PM
I believe it is set up to min side (-1)....but I'm not entirely sure what that means. I just know the endstops didn't work at all unless I set them to -1.....
July 21, 2013 11:03PM
Get a free copy of Netfabb and use its "mirror" function.

July 21, 2013 11:49PM
that is firmware side you need to make the proper adjustments to get the correct print. adjust according to which axis it is being flipped on. if it is being flipped across the y axis, i would just flip the y stepper header on the board and move the endstop as well to the "new" home
July 22, 2013 12:30AM
be sure the pin.h is configured correctly for min and max pins. if they are then the x/y axis is going the wrong dir. better to fix this that have every stl file need conversion. you want things to be as simple as possible.
July 22, 2013 09:07AM
What firmware are you using.

Homing is normally done to 0,0 if set to home at min. That is normally to the left side and the bed is to the back.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login