Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frustrated noob saying hi and help.

Posted by NjEmt527 
Frustrated noob saying hi and help.
July 30, 2013 04:22AM
My name is Clark (Hi!). I have been luring on this forum for a while, doing my research for when I purchased a 3d printer. Just picked up a used Prusa I2 on Sunday. Arduino mega with Ramps 1.4 and LCD. I set it up and found the stepper values need calibrated. So I download marlin 1.4 for my Ramps 1.4 (it was running marlin 1 and I didnt have a copy) and set the correct values. Everything came out darn near perfect except I need to adjust my z end stop just a touch (found out during my test prints that follow). Decided to print a calibration cube off of thingiverse. ran it though nettfabb and Sliced it with slic3r. Hit print. And found an issue. The 1st layer came out great. But as soon as it goes to do an infill, it goes crazy. Started printing the fill outside of the perimeter and up the y axis a bit. So I sliced a few more other stls (after running them though netfabb) and when I printed them it did the same thing. Messed with every setting in Slic3r possible. Still no go. I am attaching a pic to be more clear about whats going on. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm just now playing with kiss slicer to see if its an issue with slic3r, but it dosent want to print in the center of my bed and wont extrude anything at this point.

BTW Ive tried using pronterface and repetier and both yeld he same result. Printing nylon 618 on blue tape no heat bed@ 248 degrees.
Also atteched is my current gcode

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 04:43AM by NjEmt527.
Attachments:
open | download - photo.JPG (131.8 KB)
open | download - 25mmcube_fixed.gcode (326.5 KB)
Re: Frustrated noob saying hi and help.
July 30, 2013 04:27AM
looks like theres some missing steps, did you adjust the trim pots on the pololus beforehand ?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 30, 2013 04:30AM
No, I did not. I will have to google it and see if I can figure out how to do that. Any certain one or all of them?
July 30, 2013 04:46AM
normally the one that is skipping, also it's also a good idea to check the belts and movment of the x and y axis and see if it grabs or resists anywhere in it's travel

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 30, 2013 04:53AM
Well, it was skipping, but not because of the trim pots. I just put a fan on my boards. I remeber someone saything there motors skip unless they have a fan on there boards Im at almost 25% complete. The base of my cube is warping like hell, but its a big fan (like 8 inch). Its literally laying on top of my boards but there is still a ton of air movement around the piece. I already have a 80mm fan coming, hopefully it will be here today. I'll post a pic when its done. And thanks for the suggestion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 04:56AM by NjEmt527.
July 30, 2013 04:54AM
Also check if you have no backlash from loose belts or worn bushings. You can rotate motor pulleys by hand and closely observe if it immediately transfers into linear motion of printbed/extruder carriage. You can also print cylinder, and check if first layer really comes out as circle, and not rather like ellipse.
July 30, 2013 05:01AM
Thanks Miso. Thank will be next. You guys must be night shifters also?
July 30, 2013 05:19AM
You're welcome.

Here's just 11:10AM CEST (GMT+2). smiling smiley
July 30, 2013 05:41AM
Here is is my first print guys. Need some more tweaking but I happy with it! Thanks for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 05:41AM by NjEmt527.
Attachments:
open | download - first print.JPG (548 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login