Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop mechanic

Posted by ttn000 
Endstop mechanic
August 05, 2013 08:39AM
I have a doubt in my minitronics I have three pins for endstop and only two wires to connect,
does anyone know which ones to use.

[reprap.org]

Thanks at all
Re: Endstop mechanic
August 05, 2013 08:34PM
I'd contact the vendor. it seems they want you to use optical setup. or you could look and the pins it uses in pins.h and figure it out. sorry i don't know because the vendor did not post schematics.

I would advise against this vendor until schematics are posted.
August 06, 2013 05:18PM
ttn000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a doubt in my minitronics I have three pins
> for endstop and only two wires to connect,
> does anyone know which ones to use.
>
> [reprap.org]
> rs.jpg
>
> Thanks at all

The 3 pins give you an option to use mechanical or electronic endstops. The "+" pin is only required for electronic endstops where power is required for the endstop switch circuit that is connecting to the controller motherboard.

Mechanical endstops only require 2 wires to be connected because they simply just sink the signal to ground. The 2 pins required for connection will be the "-" pin and the "s" pin. When using this type of connection, #define ENDSTOPPULLUPS needs to be configured correctly in firmware for mechanical endstops to work correctly.

You'll find more about endstops configuration here
August 06, 2013 05:28PM
that is a ramps board in the tutorial. since minitronics goes to optical setup by default it is possible that one of the lines is gnd and the other to vcc. I would advise against anything without consulting vendor, or looking at pins.h. you could in theory destroy your board.

If you could post your pins.h file from firmware it will help us to understand what is the correct setup for you.

don't do what Airtripper mentions.

Airtripper, don't blindly post without doing some research on the minitronics board. I would hate to do anything that would advise someone to possibly blow there board. if the switch contacts and vcc and gnd are shorted, this is what possibly could happen. I don't know that for sure, I do not have a schematic of the minitronics board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 05:32PM by jamesdanielv.
August 06, 2013 06:02PM
Is this not the board with the endstop connector pins clearly labelled?

[reprap.org]
August 06, 2013 08:26PM
Now we are getting somewhere! Sorry Airtripper!! I did not realize you were referencing an image file. Please include a link to the image next time. I still prefer schematics. But I still cannot find one for this board.

Here is the datasheet for that board

[reprapworld.com]

I still cannot find a schematic, however according to the manual pins for x,y,z are

D2 y end stop
D5 x end stop
D6 z end stop

These pins will need to be configured in your pins.h file and may already be depending on firmware version, if not the pin out is in the data sheet provided.

You will need to make sure that the '-' and 's' pins are used as described by Airtripper. I'm not 100% but it does seem to make sense that the 's' pin goes to the arduino chip. Just to be sure follow the traces of the 's' and make sure it goes to the arduino chip. If it does then your likely ok.

Be careful in connecting the pins. If you connect '-' and '+' pins and the mechanical end stop is pressed, the board will likely get damaged.

#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS as Airtripper suggested needs to have '//' removed from front of the text

There still is a chance it may not work. I have no idea if there are pull up or pull down resistors in series to the I/O.

Your best bet with this board is still to contact the vendor, and use optical end stops. They are less than $2.00 a piece on ebay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 08:27PM by jamesdanielv.
August 08, 2013 08:31AM
I I think I've solved the pins on the board are indicated as [ + - s ] I have connected "-" and "S"

they work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login