Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

who do you use for your lasercut needs ?

Posted by tattooedfish 
who do you use for your lasercut needs ?
August 07, 2013 06:22PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask however I posted in the job area with no response but looking for someone stateside to laser cut or CNC either some acrylic / wood parts for a project I'm working on.

This is my first time seeking out a company / individual for this and trying to get a idea of what its going to cost me.

Can anyone recommend anyone I've found quite a few on Google but would really like to find someone that is familiar with reprap community
Re: who do you use for your lasercut needs ?
August 07, 2013 08:20PM
I've contacted laser shops I could find here in Vegas. Pololu seemed to be on top of it though they couldn't cut the material i needed They charge $2.50/min with a $25 minimum. [www.pololu.com] I was looking to have Dibond cut but wood and acrylic are no problem for them. They even have material.

Colin at Makerfarm advertises laser services. He does a lot of wood as he cuts his own kits.

You could also try a local maker shop. They are also handy for other things, electronics assembly, 3D printing, machine tools, crafting, etc. Our local maker space is Syn Shop. [synshop.org]
August 07, 2013 08:38PM
Ponoko has a good reputation. I've never used them myself, but a buddy recently had them cut him a Y-carriage for a machine he was working on and was very satisfied with the price and quality.
August 07, 2013 09:04PM
I recommend Colin at Makerfarm.com. Compared to Ponoko (I have used, expensive and slow) and probably Pololu (not used but got quotes) Makerfarm.com is faster and cheaper compared to the two named. I have had both reprap parts (Rostock mini and Tantillus) cut and non reprap parts cut and all were great and in most cases shipped same or next day.

Hope that helps,

Cameron
August 07, 2013 10:27PM
Thank you for the suggestions I had already asked Chris at maker farm as that's where I originally purchased some parts for my prusa. I am at this point getting quotes and shopping around to get a average of pricing
August 08, 2013 03:33AM
We are happy to quote you on laser cutting some stuff. Just PM us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login