Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spammers

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Spammers
August 08, 2013 09:46PM
What are theses fake passport people doing on this forum? Are the moderators on holiday? Why does this guy keep posting this nonsense. Every corner of the internet is flooded with spam. This is the one place where a semi-intellectual like me can come and talk about something important. Get your S together moderators. Isn't your job to keep these idiots out of our forum, not to ban a post were people say the F word or say something mildly controversial?

Don't ban me bro!!!
Re: Spammers
August 08, 2013 09:50PM
actually what you see is whats getting through the proverbial net , they are actually very quick to act considering they are all volunteering their time

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Anonymous User
August 08, 2013 10:06PM
I'm being facetious about the situation, of course. But we may need more moderators if this continues.
August 09, 2013 02:03AM
Or we just need better captcha.
VDX
August 09, 2013 02:36AM
... I'm removing sometimes up to 100 of this spams with corresponding accounts per day ... and the captchas are mostly 'solved' by associated humans, so not really helpfull eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 09, 2013 02:44AM
ohioplastics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm being facetious about the situation, of
> course. But we may need more moderators if this
> continues.

If you think there is a problem, why not offer to help? Or as a capitalist, perhaps offer some money.

You are always demanding other people to volunteer their time, and not in a particularly nice way. I'll bet the moderators are already doing the best they can, your whining isn't going to help.
August 09, 2013 06:38AM
The problem is mainly that theres the possibility to react without an account. And, there should indeed be worse captcha's winking smiley
August 09, 2013 10:30AM
The simple solution is you need an account to post and your first few post wait for approval until you are trusted. The second part of that used to be the case but doesn't seem to be now.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 09, 2013 11:08AM
Yeah, or maybe like in XDA-developers, you have to make 10 normal posts (and the postcount per day is limited) until you get full rights to make topics and post as much as you like. Should not be too hard to implement. They have pretty much gotten rid of spam with this method.
August 09, 2013 03:51PM
One other solution would be add a "Report as spam" button to the post's, Then if 3 - 5 registered people hit the button that post or thread gets removed from the site until a moderator gets a chance to review it.
August 09, 2013 04:08PM
There were more before, they are doing their job chill out
Anonymous User
August 09, 2013 04:59PM
I was one of the admins, and soon will be again. With luck, Adrian will allow me to make some changes.

Stay tuned...
Anonymous User
August 09, 2013 07:59PM
bobc
your whining isn't going to help
Internet security isn't my forte. I'm a simple machinist. However, I believe having identity thieves run a muck on the forums delegitimizes us. Therefore, I stated the problem and suggested a solution.
August 09, 2013 08:48PM
i would vote for having to have the first 5-10 posts vetted by the mods or trusted people.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
August 10, 2013 04:47PM
no sense of irony with that fellow eh

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
August 10, 2013 05:03PM
Thanks for reporting it. He's gone, but without some changes here, he'll be back.
August 10, 2013 05:33PM
i would like to see some way of vetting there first few posts, though that might mean a lot of work for the mods

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
August 10, 2013 05:38PM
Viktor and I looked through the admin settings, but we couldn't find it.

I'll have some time this week to install and test a dummy phorum on my network. Maybe I'll have an answer then.

'Til then, just keep reporting the morons...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login