Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what do you revise me here?

Posted by alfadex 
what do you revise me here?
August 11, 2013 08:16AM
I am trying to get my pursa mendel 2 to work properly .What problems do you see here and HOW can i fix problems please? I am new and i cannot understand whats wrong.
I have measure the length of the filament correctly, i mean when i extrude 40mm of filament i measure it and it is 40 mm.
i am using pronterface with default setting

youtube

Re: what do you revise me here?
August 11, 2013 08:55AM
what slicing programs are you using and have you set the filament diameter correctly in it?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

August 11, 2013 12:46PM
i am using slic3r 0.7.1

setting are these

Yes ,filament diameter is 1.75 and my nozzle size 0.5
August 11, 2013 01:07PM
Did you measure 40mm going in or out of your extruder?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
August 11, 2013 01:29PM
It was the same, 40mm extrude and in reverse mode it was again 40mm
mrc
August 11, 2013 02:37PM
Looks like the extruder is jamming. Which extruder so you use?
August 11, 2013 02:40PM
Wade's Geared Extruder
August 11, 2013 04:44PM
I would advise you to use the newest Slic3r... it's a very old version that you are using!
August 11, 2013 05:45PM
going off the volume of plastic on the build table, I'd say you probably measured the length of the filament comming out not going into the extruder

theres and easier way to do it anyway,

simply write down your steps per mm for your e axis

and start icreasing your steps per mm by 50 until it overextrudes

then start lowering it by 10 until it start looking good, eg layer stacking up nicely on the perimeters all the infil touching in the right places,

from there you'll be very close to the perfect steps/mm then start looking at the little things like the solid infil layers at the top of an object, if that looks overextruded you can start playing with the steper per mm in 5's

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

August 12, 2013 02:13PM
Everyone agrees: you are not getting enough plastic out of your extruder. There are lots of different causes of this, and they all look about the same on the build platform. Look around until you find one. I've put them in order of how likely I think the issues are, from most to least. YMMV.

* Extruder temperature too low for the filament type/brand/color. (Includes speed too high to let the filament melt in time.)
* Jammed extruder. (Includes jamming prior to entering hotend due to heat traveling up the barrel and melting filament before it enters.)
* Inappropriate pressure from extruder idler (too loose, too tight, or just plain broken, say, at a hinge.)
* Poorly-calibrated E steps per mm, or mistyped slicer settings.
* Dirty hobbed bolt.
* Karma comeuppance.

Since your corners look better than your other flat sides, my guess is that extruder temperature is the issue, and that it works better when you are moving more slowly (as I say, around the corners.) But just a guess. You could be straight-up jammed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2013 02:15PM by Karmavore.
August 13, 2013 09:51AM
your temperature setting is at 0?

why are you using an old version? there's no upgrade fee for slic3r. tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login