Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Take a survey and you could win a personal 3D printer

Posted by Sdunham06 
Take a survey and you could win a personal 3D printer
August 16, 2013 09:32AM
Hi RepRap users,

I wanted to pass along a link to a survey from a new primary research study on personal 3D printing. The RepRap community, as the founding force behind personal 3D printing as we know it today, is very important to the future of the movement. If you've got 10 minutes to complete this questionnaire, you'll be entered to win a couple of great prizes.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Take a survey and you could win a personal 3D printer
August 16, 2013 12:27PM
OK Where is the link? URL? where to do survey??
August 16, 2013 01:04PM
I think you have to click on the questionnaire link.
Works for me
Edit, once you click on the link, it won't let you in again if you don't complete the survey?
I just checked the link but did not do the survey, not it won't let me in to do the survey?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 01:12PM by Myles.
August 16, 2013 01:09PM
Yes, just click on the hyper linked word "questionnaire" and it should take you directly to the survey.

Thanks for your participation. Make sure to note that only a complete response is valid for entry to win prizes. Full details for prizes are linked on the survey intro page.
August 17, 2013 01:27PM
Is it US only? After answering all the questions it tells me I am not eligible yawning smiley I am pretty sure they still recorded my answers..
August 17, 2013 03:51PM
tleneel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it US only? After answering all the questions
> it tells me I am not eligible yawning smiley I am pretty sure
> they still recorded my answers..

All countries should be eligible. If you send me a private message with the email address you entered at the end of the survey (or post it here if you like) I can verify your response and make sure its counted as eligible for the prize drawing. Thanks for letting me know.
August 17, 2013 04:35PM
This entire thread smells like the worst spam.
August 17, 2013 04:58PM
Myles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you have to click on the questionnaire
> link.
> Works for me
> Edit, once you click on the link, it won't let you
> in again if you don't complete the survey?
> I just checked the link but did not do the survey,
> not it won't let me in to do the survey?

Myles, I just saw this part of your post - for now, clear your cookies on your browser, or just use a different browser to complete the survey. There's IP-based duplicate protection measures in place, but if you want to leave the survey at any time and come back to it, just click the button at the very top of each page where it says "save and continue later"
Anonymous User
August 17, 2013 10:07PM
I truly and deeply hate surveys! I'm not about stemming the collection of knowledge, but collating and categorizing the reprap project is an exercise in futility. Everything is changing faster than it can be observed. And who profits from this? Certainly not the community. But, I'm skeptical of this primarily because it's not through a university website, it's through something called surveygizmo.com!!!
August 19, 2013 08:56AM
Surveygizmo is a professional research tool.

The survey actually is not focusing on any one group in particular - however it would be ignorant to ignore the RepRap community due to its key role in developing personal 3D printing to the point it is today.

I would argue the community can indeed profit from this type of research - many of big-picture results of the survey will be freely available, but even those that are retained for proprietary research will benefit the companies in the sector that truly want to move the technology forward.

University research has played a huge role in many aspects of 3D printing to date - however as the market and technology continues to commercialize, more tactical and proprietary research will inevitably become necessary as competition increases.
Anonymous User
August 19, 2013 09:20PM
Bullshit
August 22, 2013 02:32PM
Thanks to all who have participated so far.

The survey has been open for a week and will remain open for another week or so. It's featured on 3Dprintingindustry.com and Thre3D.com, as well as other areas.
September 03, 2013 01:20PM
Hey guys,

Thanks again to everyone that has participated - the survey will be open for one final week, and then I'll be posting details about where you can see the results and the announcement for prize winners.

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login