Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder problem!

Posted by mipe 
Extruder problem!
August 16, 2013 10:58AM
Hi!

I have a problem with my printer, the extruder motor goes slowly from side to side in small jerk, when i try to run it.

[www.youtube.com]

What I've tried:

Changed firmware
Changed USB cable
Changed Arduino board
Cheked for bad connections and soldering on RAMPS board
Changed motor driver board
Changed motor

Nothing has worked, does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Printer info:
Reprap Prusa I3
Arduino mega
RAMPS 1.4
Marlin firmware
Re: Extruder problem!
August 17, 2013 11:39AM
Is there no one, who has seen this problem before?
August 17, 2013 01:51PM
can you check the resistance of the motor wires, a -a and b -b, after verifying that the resistance is where it should be, then you can go ahead, and try the extruder motor on another driver for example x driver. if the motor does the same thing with this driver, then it is likely the wiring of the motor needs to be reversed, or there is physical damage, or the motor current needs to be turned up.

if your other motors work fine on e axis then that tells you something about the motor as well. it is just a mater of elimination. my guess its that the motor is hooked up incorrectly, and or the driver is blown. it is hard to say with out you first testing the winding coil resistance of the motor and testing it with another driver. if it is different in each winding by more than 10% in the other winding the motor is likely bad. also check the other motor resistances to be sure they are similar

be sure to first check winding resistance because if it is a blown driver it could be from the motor, and you will want to not damage another one!
August 17, 2013 02:36PM
I have already tried that, the motor and driver works fine if moved to another output, and another motor or driver put on the extruder output have the same problem!

I have also tried to measure the pins on the driver, and to me it looks fine:

Without signal
GND 0V
VDD 5V
1B 12V
1A 12V
2A 12V
2B 12V
GND 0V
VMOT 12V
DIR 0V
STEP 0V
SLEEP 5V
RESET 5V
MS3 5V
MS2 5V
MS1 5V
ENABLE 5V

One way:
GND 0V
VDD 5V
1B ~
1A ~
2A ~
2B ~
GND 0V
VMOT 12V
DIR 0V
STEP 0V
SLEEP 5V
RESET 5V
MS3 5V
MS2 5V
MS1 5V
ENABLE 0V

The other way:
GND 0V
VDD 5V
1B ~
1A ~
2A ~
2B ~
GND 0V
VMOT 12V
DIR 5V
STEP 0V
SLEEP 5V
RESET 5V
MS3 5V
MS2 5V
MS1 5V
ENABLE 0V
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login