Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Printer about to hit Kickstarter

Posted by REPRAP SQUAD 
New Printer about to hit Kickstarter
August 16, 2013 07:15PM
I recently ran across this page for the new Delta Printr and thought it looked pretty cool. I wrote up some info on my WordPress site below or you can go to: www.DeltaPrintr.com to see the page for the Delta Printr. The reason I'm posting this is because its interesting to see the direction that 3D printer designers are taking. It claims that you won't spend much time calibrating and leveling your bed. 100 micron resolution at a savings so they say.

Is there any Delta users here especially ones who use spectra line? Does this printer seem like something that is worth my time looking into. I've never owned a delta style printer as a lot of them look like the long rods would be inaccurate. Any advantages with this style of design and any disadvantages? Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 05:30PM by REPRAP SQUAD.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
Re: New Printer about to hit Kickstarter
August 16, 2013 10:00PM
Interesting. I'm curious to see how delta technology progresses. Nore bummer is only PLA for now but that can change..
August 16, 2013 10:48PM
I agree the delta is getting better. Looking at their page it seems as if they might build in abs at least as an add on. If this bot is priced right I might be getting one. I like how they haven't over complicated it, thats for me to do.
woo
August 17, 2013 12:56AM
well, i have seen a lot of delta derivates,(making my own also) but, if you check it a little you se, that "first" johann's delta makes amaising prints, and actually, there are not so many inprovements in any rostock derivate in field of quality or speed, except in design field.

aluminium extrusions are very rigid, so no problems there, but you have to clean carriages, because those wheels will be dirty..maybe once @week,month,year...depends how much is dusty enviroment
in My opinnion best way for linear delta motion are hiwin rails, second place some bigger smoothrods(maybe 12, but rather 14+mm for L 700-800mm)

i am making delta with spectra too...have more faith in belts, bul il give it a try...cant wait to see results.

so my comment is, looking good....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 03:39AM by woo.
August 17, 2013 05:58AM
Yeah, I got their mailshot the other day. Their website is very glossy and full of claims but short of numbers. The video is beautiful but tells me nothing. It will be a real test for a group of students with no experience to successfully launch a printer, kickstarter can generate a shedload of preorders, delivery is another thing.

So maximum points for marketing, but all the rest is unproven at this stage. I hope they pull it off, and if the price is right I may even order one.
August 17, 2013 10:48AM
I agree with you guys. If its affordable, within the 600$ range I would consider buying one but I would want to have it print abs. Most deltas are considerable more than that, so I would imagine that there's is too. I've always thought that the design was neat and I definitely wouldn't mind cleaning the rails once a week. I already have a maintenance schedule for my current bots so that's not an issue for me. Most of the ones I've seen use the rods as supports and I'm not a big fan of it. SEEMECNC's delta uses a similar setup and they have been getting great results but, they are expensive. I guess we will have to see once they put up more scientific information.

Check it out here:

@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
[mobile.twitter.com]
August 17, 2013 12:20PM
Who are you trying to kid, you are part of their referral program so you can try to win a free Deltaprintr.

That's okay, I am too. haha. Good luck!
August 17, 2013 01:24PM
Actually I could care less about winning one. I'm trying to find out info on rostock and delta printers as I am an enthusiasts. I also write articles about printers, accessories and the industry as a whole. So it is important for me to learn about a type of machine and people's opinions, that I know little about. If you look on my page you will see that I've sent DeltaPrintr questions to find out information that people want to know about the printer.

Check it out here:

@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
[mobile.twitter.com]
August 17, 2013 01:34PM
REPRAP SQUAD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually I could care less about winning one. I'm
> trying to find out info on rostock and delta
> printers as I am an enthusiasts. I also write
> articles about printers, accessories and the
> industry as a whole. So it is important for me to
> learn about a type of machine and people's
> opinions, that I know little about. If you look on
> my page you will see that I've sent DeltaPrintr
> questions to find out information that people want
> to know about the printer.

It is very disappointing, and quite disrespectful to the community that you engage in such a blatant lie. I hadn't noticed before but the email reads :

We’re hosting a referral contest! Here’s how it works - the person who refers the most users to our site will receive a FREE Deltaprintr kit! We can keep track of how many people you refer if you use the custom referral link found in this e-mail. You can post the link in a forum to start a conversation, spread it on social networks, or just e-mail it to your friends. We’ll announce the winner before we launch our Kickstarter campaign, and we’ll be able to ship you your prize if/when the Kickstarter gets successfully funded.

Your custom referral link:

Also, again, if you’re a blogger or writer, we’d love to have you write an article about the project - get in touch with us!

So in fact you had not "happened across the web page", but were posting your referral link and lying about it. That is pretty underhand.

Spam is bad enough, but IMO this is worse.

(ETA) Also, the same day you wrote a blog post about Deltaprintr , containing the referral link as Deltaprintr requested. Are there any other companies you are shilling for on your blog?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 02:03PM by bobc.
August 17, 2013 02:53PM
Here is the link to DeltaPrintr: [www.deltaprintr.com] if that makes you feel better about it. If you look through the old forums either on here or Printrbots you will see that I've been following this build before it was even going to be a kickstarter. I have wrote about another rostock derivative a long time ago that was one Kickstarter. I never once said that they didn't email me what they emailed everyone. Yes I got the email as did you. Im always looking for things to write about, so when they emailed me I thought wow they are doing a kickstarter. It would be cool opportunity to do a write up on a project that I've been seeing since the beginning. I dont recieve anything from writing an article about it other than having good content on a printer that I believe will make an impact, wether its a good or bad one I do not know yet.

guess if I wanted to be very very specific I could say, I got an email notification that delta printr is going to do a kickstarter and I ran across their page. If you look through all of my posts anywhere online you will see that im not a spammer and I've never intentionally lied or anything like that. I dont post things to just advertise anything.
August 17, 2013 05:28PM
I clicked on your f*** link and not once in your first post did you mention it was a referral link.

I feel duped like bobc, what you did is dishonest and you've proven you're a shill.

I just hope people read the answers before they click on your damn link, because you certainly do not deserve to get that printer. When you replied "I could care less about winning one" you just proved you're a contemptible liar as well, otherwise you would have used the official link, not the referral one.
August 17, 2013 05:30PM
I already changed it a lil while ago to dismay any confusion,
August 17, 2013 05:33PM
Nice wording to try and imply I posted my answer after you changed it. You did not.

No apology either. You just proved my point again. A shill and a liar.
August 17, 2013 06:48PM
What are you talking about? I really don't have time to sit here and debate with you so I won't anymore. I made the proper adjustments and would rather spend my time helping others with their bots as is the point of this forum. If there was any confusion I am sorry except normandc ( im not apologizing to him as he acts like a fool) If anyone wants to have an actual conversation about rostocks or the DeltaPrintr I will respond but for this nonsense I will not. Happy Building.
August 17, 2013 07:19PM
Ha! A fool you say. You are such a moron.
August 18, 2013 12:36AM
Norm I don't think calling someone a moron and a liar is the best use of this resource. While some may take umbrage with the link, in my opinion that's not reason to insult someone like that. if it's such an offensive thing for you to have clicked on the link then perhaps it's best to unplug for a bit and relax.

As far as the printer project, if they do a Kickstarter be sure you add at least 6 months to the delivery date. winking smiley Maybe more. I'm being cheeky but that's how KS projects work. Delay is normal. Makibox is going on 2 years or so. The other area of concern it that none of the founders listed have real world experience in this field or operating a manufacturing company. That's easy enough to solve by bringing in some hired guns but even guys with experience doing this run into issues.
August 18, 2013 03:22AM
REPRAP SQUAD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are you talking about? I really don't have
> time to sit here and debate with you so I won't
> anymore. I made the proper adjustments and would
> rather spend my time helping others with their
> bots as is the point of this forum. If there was
> any confusion I am sorry except normandc ( im not
> apologizing to him as he acts like a fool) If
> anyone wants to have an actual conversation about
> rostocks or the DeltaPrintr I will respond but for
> this nonsense I will not. Happy Building.

Well, now I can't really trust any advice you give, because I don't know if you are giving genuine advice from experience or whether it was prompted by a marketing campaign and you are hoping to get a freebie. If you don't see anything wrong with what you did that suggests you are likely to do it again.

Bloggers acting as free advertising conduits for companies is an endemic problem of course, this ranges from free handouts of products "for review" to all sorts of other inducements to post favourable material.

It would be nice to think people in RepRap would be above this sort of thing.

Your post still starts with a blatant lie

"I recently ran across this page for the new Delta Printr and thought it looked pretty cool"

which is completely different to

"I was recently sent a mailshot encouraging me to post about DeltaPrintr with a personalised link so that I can win a printer"

Just asking for honesty and transparency here.
VDX
August 18, 2013 04:56AM
... topic closed for ranting and personal attacks eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.