Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please test the new wiki

Posted by Traumflug 
Please test the new wiki
August 31, 2013 06:41AM
Hello all,

bill2or3 was kind enough to catch up with some 5 years of delayed wiki software updates. Thanks a lot, Bill.

Now it's you turn: please test wether the new wiki displays just as fine as the current one. Wether you can edit, see what you need, do what you need. Wether videos play, math formulas render, categories work. If there are no complaints, I guess we'll replace the old one soon.

The URL is: http://reprap.org/wiki_new/Main_Page

The new wiki was cloned from the old one a week ago, so don't be surprised if some recent changes are missing. When going life, cloning will be done again. You can edit the new wiki for testing trying, experimenting. Please be aware these edits will vanish later.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Please test the new wiki
August 31, 2013 09:19AM
When I go to 'build a reprap' I get a server error.
August 31, 2013 12:30PM
If you zoom in the images do not show up in the correct places, some of them overlap and some are half off the page. This was not a problem the last time I was on the Wiki. Tested on multiple pages using the random page button.

Gnomebuntu 13.04
Firefox 23
Default fonts

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
August 31, 2013 12:32PM
I created an account, edited a page, browsed multiple areas and all good, apart from the same as above but with just a blank page.

Maybe I'm not trying the right thing, but I don't think I get the images issue as Sublime is getting. Win8, Chrome 30.

Anything else we can do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2013 12:35PM by twisted.
September 01, 2013 06:50AM
Thanks for helping.

When I go to 'build a reprap' I get a server error.

Possibly a temporary error? It works fine for me now.

If you zoom in the images do not show up in the correct places

Uhm, what do you mean with "zooming" the images? Clicking on the picture to get a bigger version? Works fine for me, too, but perhaps a screenshot would help me to understand this.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

September 01, 2013 11:52AM
Nice work!

The page for "Extruder" seems to be missing (no source at all): [reprap.org]
September 01, 2013 12:01PM
If you use your browsers zoom function. Most browsers are ctrl + to zoom in and ctrl - to zoom out. If I do not zoom in on the pages from RepRap.org they only cover 50% of the screen and the text is super tiny so I have to have it at 150% all the time to make it come close to fitting the screen.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
September 01, 2013 04:04PM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for helping.
>
>

When I go to 'build a reprap' I get a
> server error.
>
> Possibly a temporary error? It works fine for me
> now.

Possibly a platform issue. I don't have my Win VM migrated (I just built a new system) but in Mac OS X 10.8.4, Safari 6.0.5 and Chrome 29.0.1547.62 "http://reprap.org/wiki_new/RepRap_Options" returns a server 500 error. It occurs if I'm logged in or not.

I haven't been able to see what happens with a wget as Xcode isn't yet installed either. Guess I should put some tools on this box... winking smiley In the meantime if someone has a Mac and can do a wget and a page comes back, it's the browser. I'm going into the gig in a bit, I'll check it on Win and and Ubuntu and my Mac dev box there.

The rest of what I've seen acts and displays well.

EDIT: It didn't come up the first time on Win XP, IE 8 or Chrome. The only thing returned was the DTD header and the body HTML tags with nothing between them. I tried it again and the page loaded. :: shrugs::

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2013 07:01PM by vegasloki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login