Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wrong motor?

Posted by GITRDUN 
Wrong motor?
September 01, 2013 04:54PM
I bought these motors [www.phidgets.com] for my I3 build and i am having issues right away. If i turn up the pot on my Pololu drivers enough to get the motors to move at all the drivers will get so hot they overheat. If i turn it down even a tiny tiny bit theres not enough power to move the motors. The motors dont get hot at all but the drivers just cant handle it.

Did i buy a misfit motor again? Ive read through all the info on what motors should work and what shouldnt, but i guess its just over my head.
Re: Wrong motor?
September 01, 2013 05:23PM
They look fine to me... How are you driving them? Perhaps turn down the max speed and max acceleration?
September 01, 2013 05:33PM
IM using Ramps 1.4 with Pololu drivers. They will overheat the drivers just sitting idle after a movement.
September 01, 2013 07:03PM
I have my pots set to give .4 volts on X and Y. I did adjust the acceleration in the firmware and it helped quite a bit. I think if i add a fan i can get by with it.
September 01, 2013 07:22PM
what are the drivers rated at ? 2 amps if so the motors are rated @2.4 to much for the drivers to handle also if you have low votage you will pull even higher amps our cnc mill steppers are rated @ 8 amps 20 volts but the supply to the drivers is 48 volts no load

hope you find your answer

Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login