Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is the RRRF Store still running?

Posted by BodgeIt 
Is the RRRF Store still running?
June 16, 2009 12:48PM
I Placed an order on 3/6/2009 for 4 Extruder Controller v2.1 Raw PCBs the order was paid for but seems to be stuck in the processing state for nearly two weeks.

Bodge Its birthday treat is running late. ;-( Oh no Im a year older since I placed the order..

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Re: Is the RRRF Store still running?
June 16, 2009 01:02PM
Im cracking up, I thought the stepper driver kit I bought was from RRRP, but it came today and its from MakerBot!

I went on the RRRP site and they only have about ten items for sale which seems odd!

BTW, MakerBot have been awesome, the Stepper kit was ordered last Sunday and came today (8 days).

Ive just ordered a Sanguino and breakout kit from them, just over 30 quid including postage. Ill have to get a USB to TTL cable but I reckon it was worth it!

Phil
June 16, 2009 01:34PM
I was making an order for some opto end stops PCBs when I noticed the previos order had not been sent.

Placing an order with Makerbot is quick but they did not have any Extruder Controller v2.1 bds at the time.

Also on my previous order to Makerbot the order was stopped by customs didnt mind that too much but the Extra £8 of handling charge the post office charged me I did mind a whole lot.

I think there is a diffrence in how packages are marked from the RRRF which means they never incurr the £8 Handling charge.

Bodge It [reprap.org]

BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

June 16, 2009 08:11PM
They are both ran by Zach Smith IIRC and thus the same store. RRRF had an announcement on the site a while back about makerbot being the main store now.
June 16, 2009 10:37PM
I always link from to the main RepRap suppliers page :-

[dev.www.reprap.org]

This page was updated 17 May 2009 it has not been changed to indicate this.

Bodge It [reprap.org]

June 17, 2009 03:15AM
I'm doing slightly better, I sent off for a few boards, which were shipped several days later - thank goodness for tracking.
It got missent to someone in the US (how did they not notice the NEW ZEALAND part?),
now its somewhere between the international desptach office and in transit - the tracking info isn't very good

So from June 6th till now, i'm still waiting
June 17, 2009 03:55AM
I didn't check tracking, but when I ordered 2 sets of bits from the US, the one that went through a customs charge took ~ 3 and a half weeks, and the one that didn't took 3 weeks. Customs charge was on the order from MakerBot, the other was the RRRF store - that one was below the customs charge threshold.
So I'd just think you need patience when ordering from the States for the UK.

Hazel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login