Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

faberdashery filament

Posted by stefanjess91 
faberdashery filament
September 25, 2013 04:37PM
I've been looking for the best place to buy some pla filament, and was all set to buy from faberdashery when I noticed that for almost the same price I could get 3 times as much from suppliers on amazon. Faberdashery sell there filament in 100m coils which they say is about 300grams, and a kilogram is only very slightly dearer from amazon, am I missing something or is it just because the faberdashery filament is much higher quality?
Re: faberdashery filament
September 25, 2013 05:49PM
That doesn't, seem right - a 1kg spool of ABS is about 114 metres so a 100 mt spool would be around .9kg?b

September 25, 2013 06:06PM
stefanjess91
Depends on who your buying from on amazon.

waitaki

that sounds like 3mm filament, 1.75 should be~350 metres?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2013 06:07PM by Masnachu.
September 25, 2013 06:25PM
It was 1.75 PLA I was looking at, so I'd be much better off finding a well rated amazon supplier, as I'd be paying roughly the same for 3 times as much?
September 25, 2013 07:32PM
Yes, of course - I just assumed 3mm for some reason..

Masnachu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stefanjess91
> Depends on who your buying from on amazon.
>
>
>
> waitaki
>
> that sounds like 3mm filament, 1.75 should be~350
> metres?

September 26, 2013 03:13AM
Hi,
Amazon filament can be a hit and miss when it comes quality, faberdashery as pricey as is, is still the best for assured quality , if possible get both a filament from Amazon and fab. to compare.
September 26, 2013 04:55AM
Yes, Faberdashery filament is expensive but it is also high quality. The range and opacity of the colours is excellent and the first layer sticks well.

I have tried Faberdashery filaments as well as those at a third of the price. Personally for most purposes I find the cheaper stuff is perfectly acceptable and I generally use it when printing in bulk. But if I want really solid colours, perhaps for smaller, special prints, I use Faberdashery filament.

There was thread about some of the amazon filaments just over a week ago if you scroll down a page or two.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login