Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cubehero launches OpenSCAD previews

Posted by iamwil 
Cubehero launches OpenSCAD previews
September 26, 2013 01:02PM
Hi all,

It was on the backburner for a while. But I finally got it done. Cubehero now makes image previews of your OpenSCAD files. So if your project uses OpenSCAD, you no longer have to generate STL files to get image previews of the files. Here's another example: https://cubehero.com/physibles/iamwil/kings_gambit

Thanks for your support so far! Let me know if you have other feedback.

Wil
Re: Cubehero launches OpenSCAD previews
September 30, 2013 11:54AM
Cool! A 3D viewer with zoom, pan, and rotate would be really nice. smiling smiley

Also, is it possible to start a conversation on a particular item's page? For example, if I am viewing Gene Hacker's Printable Stepper Motor, can I leave comments and view the replies on that particular page?
Re: Cubehero launches OpenSCAD previews
September 30, 2013 03:09PM
Thanks! To do a 3D viewer for OpenSCAD files would require me either rewriting OpenSCAD's parser and renderer, or try to compile OpenSCAD to javascript using emscripten. Either one is a bit involved right now, and I have some basic showstoppers that I need to implement (like search and categories) that seem more important to people. Unless a bunch of people say they can't live without an OpenSCAD 3D viewer, it'll be on my nice-to-have list. But thanks for the suggestion! I appreciate it.

Hrm, Yes, it is possible to start a conversation on a particular item's page--given they created a discussion space for the project (example). It's not created by default, but a couple people have asked for this, so I'll bump it up on my list to have it be created upon default. The discussion space is shared by all projects with the same name. It remains to be seen whether this is a good idea, to concentrate discussions and sharing of ideas on the same project.

Wil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login