Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Few questions for a new to RepRap grinning smiley

Posted by seretni 
Few questions for a new to RepRap grinning smiley
July 13, 2009 05:34PM
Hello everyone, first of all my name is avv and im from Spain.

I have always been fascinated of 3d printing since i knew of it and recently heardx about RepRap , i have read a lot of it and as a 3d designer im really interested in making one but i have some questions:

-taking in acount i have 0 knowledge of electronic (well i know how to solder a bit but thats it) where can i buy an easy to make RepRap and the cheapest i can. I saw a video saying you can make your own for less than 300 bucks that is totally affordable but i have seen kits selling for around 700 wich i cant afford confused smiley

-Wich are the max dimensions of the objects you can print?? with the one you recommend me?

-How much detail the printer can make?? i only find pics of gears, boxes... but i will like to print 3d models for example characters, is it possible??

-What format is used in the 3d objects?? ad i work with different software i will like to know if i could use thhem to work with RepRap or i will have to learn how to use a different programme?

Thank you a lot and thanks in avance grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 05:40PM by seretni.
sid
Re: Few questions for a new to RepRap grinning smiley
July 15, 2009 06:37PM
Hi seretni,
Sorry, but I guess what you want is still some generations away from what we can offer.
I guess the 300bucks video was talking about the cheapest possible cartesian
(maybe the McWire, maybe even cheaper than that)
The quality of those prints is far away from being good enough to make regognizeable characters I'm afraid.
(Good enough for boxes and gears though)

Sorry, but either you wait some more years, or you step in, build one and try to improve it, just like the rest grinning smiley

'sid
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login