Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hurray! the low cost 3D printed robot prosthetic hand just met it's target on Indiegogo

Posted by Senake 
Hurray! the low cost 3D printed robot prosthetic hand just met it's target on Indiegogo
October 07, 2013 07:31PM
I thought that I would mention what I think this is a really great project because their time is running out...

The Open Hand Project crowdfund on Indiegogo

The project is to mass produce a 3D printed robotic prosthetic hands for amputees at a much more affordable (<£1,000) price - a fraction of their current price.

It's an all or nothing crowd fund with some great perks/rewards, so do please take a look and tell your friends if you like what you see. I have already decided that many of my Christmas presents this year are going to be Open Hand smartphone gloves!

Cheers

Senake

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 06:02PM by Senake.
50 hours to go.

7 out of the 40 hands on offer have been signed up for so they effectively have a few 'pre-sales'.

Hopefully, they may get some enquiries from medical institutions and other individuals to help make this happen even if the crowd fund fails....
I hope my friends and family all put touch screen gloves on their Xmas list :-)
Great news.

BTW, "it's" = it is. So your topic title reads "Hurray! the low cost 3D printed robot prosthetic hand just met it is target on Indiegogo"... doesn't make sense does it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login