Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Business opportunities for home 3D printer folk? winking smiley

Posted by Alzibiff 
Business opportunities for home 3D printer folk? winking smiley
October 10, 2013 04:27AM
Just seen this website: [www.layersindesign.com] which I reached via a Gizmodo article [gizmodo.com]
Sheesh - if these guys are making money, their marketing man deserves some sort of Nobel prize smiling smiley

Alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 04:29AM by Alzibiff.
Re: Business opportunities for home 3D printer folk? winking smiley
October 10, 2013 04:52AM
Many and varied are the ways that money can be extracted from the gullible public, you only have to look at some of the rubbish sold in "galleries" in any major town. Sadly, neither I, nor most of you, has the stomach to profit from others unfortunate stupidity.

Mike
October 11, 2013 10:25AM
A fool and their money are easily parted!
October 11, 2013 10:54AM
callumburns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A fool and their money are easily parted!

That's the point I guess but who is the fool here? IMHO the fool is he who tries to sell cheap things at a ridiculous price and gets no custom. However, as soon as a sale is made, the fool immediately becomes genius marketeer, passing his fool hat to his customer(s). (Is that philosophical enough?) smiling smiley

Alan
October 11, 2013 01:08PM
Their marketing and web site are very slick, but the products seems like some sort of joke? It's like some web marketing students made a website but with made up products!

Perhaps "screw you" is something jokey and fun to non-native speakers, and even could be seen as "edgy" for a youth demographic, but I doubt there is appeal to people buying designer home products. And if you were, I would expect a little more than reusing plastic bottles.

Of course, if the "screw you" brand becomes a cult hit and they make millions, I will have to eat my 3d printed hat smiling smiley
October 11, 2013 02:31PM
Who would have thought that people would be additced to telephones and social media, takes all sorts.

Random Precision
October 12, 2013 08:13AM
I am not sure if the money ends up at the right people, but it is extracted from the right ones.

This thread seems to be about pointless shaming, the persons shamed will probably never see this. Some people just have enough money, so at best they are guilty of earning it poorly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login