Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any new qu-bd extruder info?

Posted by jamesshuang 
Any new qu-bd extruder info?
October 19, 2013 12:28PM
Hi everyone,

I've been successfully printing with a printrbot Ubis hotend for quite some time now, fairly impressed at how reliable it's been. I'm interested in upgrading to a dual extruder at this point, and the qu-bd extruder looks pretty interesting. However, the reviews I've seen scattered throughout the web have been overwhelmingly negative with regards to jamming.

Have they managed to sort out any of the problems yet? Is it any more reliable with the filament pusher replaced with a hobbed pulley and something like this: [www.thingiverse.com]?
Re: Any new qu-bd extruder info?
October 19, 2013 04:14PM
i have one of there hot ends but i will say that it is not all stock, i switched out the hobbed part for one from ebay that was better imo.

but yes they are more finicky, but i have put almost 3kg of abs with little trouble through mine.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: Any new qu-bd extruder info?
October 20, 2013 08:20PM
I don't own a qubd extruder myself, but I have heard that they can't print PLA very reliably due to the lack of internal polishing in the Stainless Steel heat break.

I imagine that the qubd extruder design would be okay for printing ABS as it is much less likely to jam when compared to PLA. Most all-metal hot end designs can print ABS easily even without a polished "transition-zone" within the Stainless Steel heat break.

Eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login