Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

opening slic3r problem

Posted by dave584 
opening slic3r problem
October 30, 2013 05:56PM
In repetier host when I click configure slic3r I get error
"I was unable to load the selected config file. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at: C:users/dave/desktop/reprap/repetierhost/repetierhost/slic3r/lib/std/slic3r/GUI/optionsgroup.pm line 186"

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling repetier and slic3r but it still gives the error.
When I uninstall slic3r and repetier host why does it still have my saved configs I thought its a fresh install I don't know where its getting the config files. How can I make sure I have a totally fresh install?
I am trying to solve this as I think it may be why I am having a problem printing a fan duct. I have tried to print it 6 times and it keeps aborting, host shuts down and leaves no error message the printer stops.. It does not happen straight away, normally after about half an hour of the print. I think it may be related to the error problem I have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 07:00PM by dave584.
Re: opening slic3r problem
October 30, 2013 09:34PM
You could try running slic3r alone and then loading the gcode with repetier.

This sounds like it could be a bug. This issue looks a bit like it, but not clear to me. If it is, moving/deleting the configuration file `slic3r.ini` might fix it. (I am not sure what about 'validation' is so time consuming..)
October 31, 2013 06:42AM
Thanks for the responce. Your right that the issue was related I had changed lift.
I still have a problem with the part I am trying to print though. Screenshot shows part of model seems to be missing, it should be a tube but after slicing there are 2 parts of the tube missing for some reason. I have used shell command in autocad to get the tube to 1mm (2 walls thick) I had to do it this way rather than making the item as a solid in autocad then slicing 2 walls thick
because the base of the part should be solid and it results in just outlines on the base. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 06:43AM by dave584.
Attachments:
open | download - screenshot repetier.jpg (148 KB)
November 01, 2013 09:55AM
currently I cannot manage to slice any prints, repetier host message:

"I could not find the generated G-code file

possible reasons:
-the slicer had an error and didn't finish slicing. Check output log.
-the slicer stored the fle with an unexpected filename

expected filename and location
C:\users\username\appdata\local\repetier-host\composition.gcode"

Have tried uninstalling and deleting all repetier and slicer file from program files/repetier and also users/appdata/local/repetier host and appdate/roaming/slic3r
Then installing again and starting with new slic3r config but still get the same message. Any ideas?
November 02, 2013 11:30AM
I was trying to print with fill density set to 1 which seems like it would not cause a problem but if set with honeycomb infill, which is default you get this error. I guess when you think about it it makes sense that you cannot do honeycomb on 1 infill but it would be less problematic if it just worked as rectilinear infill
November 02, 2013 01:24PM
this should automatically be overiden by software detecting you are doing a 100% infill. i would contact the software author and report the bug. be sure to read slic3r faqs first before posting to author.
November 04, 2013 04:37AM
For others reference, the problem I had with longer prints turned out to be because power options on my laptop, a setting called USB selective suspend. Must be disabled or it causes the host to crash after a while printing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login