Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle for J-head ?

Posted by dragon-fly 
Nozzle for J-head ?
November 11, 2013 03:09AM
hello, i cant seem to get the search function to sort to english results.

here is my problem: Like an idiot, i used pliers to try to remove extra oozed out material from my J-head Mark IV-B Brass from makerfarm - which resulted in my damaging the tip. now im in Canada and am wondering if there are better tips/hot ends/cheaper yet better alternatives out there. i've been trying to search about hot ends but i cant seem to come up with anything. i've looked at the MG Plus on ebay and am wondering what kind of materials it can print and if it can fit my Prusa I3, but it is rather costly. i'm printing in 3MM and have a brand new roll of 3MM PLA that i'd like to use as well.

Any help is apreciated. i could alternatively order just the brass nozzle but that would cost me 36$ off the bat0.
Thanks
Re: Nozzle for J-head ?
November 11, 2013 12:30PM
You can get an original J-Head nozzle from the creator for $26 at [www.hotends.com] .
With the clones you usually don't know what you're getting.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
November 11, 2013 12:54PM
Thanks. i have 3MM filament and a Mark-IV-B Hot end. do you know if a Mark V Brass Nozzle would fit my current PEEK?
November 11, 2013 01:36PM
I don't know if the Mk V nozzle will fit a Mk IV body, but he does sell the nozzle meant to fit the Mk IV.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
November 11, 2013 01:38PM
i asked him and he was kind to answer quickly

the Mark V nozzle does nto fit the Mark I-IV Body, it is different standard, unfortunately he only sells 1.75mm for mark I to IV

so it looks like i'll have to go with my original supplier

Also, where can i find information on which hotend support PLA?

Thanks.
November 11, 2013 01:45PM
How badly damaged? How about a pic?

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
November 11, 2013 01:58PM
Yup, i feel like an idiot.

i already ordered some micro drillbits in case my hotend gets clogged up in the future, but its coming from china and i'll be lucky to get it before christmas....

not to mention i dont actually know how im supposed to fix that. i dont have any machinery, just a dremel and a drill. i used to have a 3d printer but as you can see, its no longer operational. XD
November 11, 2013 05:43PM
I'd take some sandpaper to it and sand that brass down to get rid of the deformed tip. What's the worst that can happen? I'd be hesitant to use the dremel except at very low speeds.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login