Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

one more adhesion issue

Posted by sungod3k 
one more adhesion issue
November 17, 2013 02:26PM
Hey,

I had this issue for some time now, but since I recently changed filament its getting to much and ruins the first layer.

The perimeters are fine but when it comes to first layer solid infill it looks like the nozzle rips up the existing layers. I tried the layer width from 140% down to 75% speed from 80%-40% and various temp settings both with the bed and the nozzle.
Before I was printing PLA either direct on my aluminium bed with hairspray which worked very well even for small parts or with paitertape @ 65-70C. The printes adhered good because the 2nd solid layer would just push down the ripping and everthing would go smooth from there.
Now the ripping is getting to strong that the nozzle drags parts of the print behind it.

If i look closely it looks like there is to much plastic squeezing from teach line but if I lift the bed the lines dont stick.

I didnt find this problem in any other guides or other forum entries. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2013 02:38PM by sungod3k.
Re: one more adhesion issue
November 17, 2013 11:57PM
This is quite a common problem with large'ish areas of infill like that. I seem to remember leaving all the default extrusion widths in Slic3r at 0 and "Solid infill" speed at around 40mm/s but can't be sure. (been printing ABS for a good while since).

November 18, 2013 01:31AM
So what we need is a bit higher distance from the bed to avoid the uncontrolled squeeze out but with the adhesion as good as with a smaller distance?

Its a good idea anyway to heighten the distance between bed and nozzle I was getting tired of loosing detail on the first layer just for giving priority to adhesion. Thou gauge here I come

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 01:36AM by sungod3k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login