Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slicer bridging fan setting?

Posted by dave584 
slicer bridging fan setting?
November 21, 2013 02:26PM
Is there a way to enable fan for bridging? Does not seem to be a setting for it in slicer.
Only fan % for bridging
Re: slicer bridging fan setting?
November 21, 2013 09:05PM
I suppose you could add a M106 S255 to the G-code just before the bridging movement - that's if you can find it!
Or....
what I do is, monitor the printing job until it's near the bridging point then manually send the above code. I have a fan on and fan off command button already in Pronterface.

November 22, 2013 06:00AM
Ah right, I assumed there would be a setting in slicer. It must acknowledge the bridges to have bridge flow ratio? If true then would it not be easy to make code for fan on fan off for these sections of code?
November 22, 2013 03:14PM
Yes, indeed it would!

I also have an issue with slic3r which I posted in another thread....

waitaki [ PM ]
Re: Bridge perimeter speed
November 13, 2013 01:40PM Registered: 1 year ago
I don't think you can change perimeter speed for bridges. Slic3r treats perimeters for what they are - perimeters.
Strange thing is, I found on one test job that the two (bridged) perimeters were perfectly straight with no sagging. but the real bridging after that was a bit droopy. On closer observation, I noticed that when the (bridged) perimeters were made, the filament was stretched from the far left end of the model to the far right of the model - which is correct but the actual bridging itself started from the inside edge of the gap on the left to the inside edge of the gap on the right. This quite definitely leads to sagging of the filament and it would be nice if Slic3r didn't do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2013 01:50PM by waitaki.

February 18, 2016 06:20AM
waitaki
I suppose you could add a M106 S255 to the G-code just before the bridging movement - that's if you can find it!
Or....
what I do is, monitor the printing job until it's near the bridging point then manually send the above code. I have a fan on and fan off command button already in Pronterface.

How can we know in which code the bridging begins?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 06:21AM by s3rkan.
February 24, 2016 06:13AM
Well, in "Print Settings", "Output Options", you could try ticking "verbose G Code" and read the G-code file text, after slicing, to see if it refers to bridging somewhere.

Click here to login