Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] Changes in DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT have no effect...

Posted by dolphinboy 
[Solved] Changes in DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT have no effect...
November 27, 2013 01:22PM
Hello,

I'm calibrating the extruder of a RichRap 3DR using a fresh copy of Marlin with, of course, the delta configuration.h and configuration_adv.h.
When I change the fourth value of DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT, that is the extruder steps per unit, it has no effect once uploaded the new firmware to the RUMBA board and when trying to extrude 10mm with Repetier Host (it always extrude around 1mm). In a crazy attemp I have tried a value of 10000 and it still extrude around 1mm...
Am I loosing something? what could be the problem?

If I try to print something and increase the extrusion multiplier by 7 then I get a decent extrusion but, of course, I would like to "burn" it into the firmware...

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 07:12AM by dolphinboy.
Re: [HELP] Changes in DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT have no effect...
November 27, 2013 05:19PM
Hey dolphinboy. Sounds like you have eeprom enabled. If so, changes to configuration don't take effect as you have to do it thru seldom storage. You can send M92 Exxx.xxx where the xxx.xxx is your desired steps per, and if it works good at that setting, send M500 to store the new value to memory. Also, you can disable seldom memory in configuration.h and then just modify and upload firmware to make changes. Hope this helps.
November 28, 2013 02:36AM
Thank you very much!

I haven't tried it because I don't have the printer here to check it out but it is surely the problem: I have EEPROM enabled. Didn't know it "disables" when activated.

Thanks a lot!
November 28, 2013 06:37AM
in repetier-host you can change the EEPROM settings including the steps per mm direct from the computer screen thumbs up there's no need to bother re-uploading firmware etc.

I *think* the shortcut is ctrl+e, but it's very easy to find from the dropdown menus at the top of the screen.
I changed my steps per mm this way smiling smiley
November 28, 2013 08:37AM
Yes, I knew that but I thought it always reads the firmware first and then it only modify what you have manually changed (in my case it was the endstops offset).... Now I understand how it works better, hehehe.

Thanks
Re: [Solved] Changes in DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT have no effect...
November 29, 2013 07:12AM
I finally had time to try and it works perfectly, thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login