Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Survey on open source and its influence on communities

Posted by Kerba 
Survey on open source and its influence on communities
September 11, 2009 05:28AM
Hi,

I'm a researcher in the field of open source beyond software. Currently I'm investigating the special meaning of openness and its importance for the communities in this field.

Your opinion as RepRap community member is very important to me!
Please take 5-7 minutes to fill out my survey. Your response will help advance my research on the nature of hardware/software open source projects and help improve the quality of open source projects.

Please follow this link:
[www.survey.open-innovation-projects.org]

The individual responses will be kept strictly confidential, aggregated results will be published as soon as the survey is finished.
If you are interested, I can also provide some specific results about the RepRap community.

If you want to read more details about me and my research, please take a look at: [open-innovation-projects.org]
We appreciate your help!

Best regards
Kerba
VDX
Re: Survey on open source and its influence on communities
September 11, 2009 05:53AM
Hi Kerstin,

i've run through the survey some days ago - have you already collect some representative data?

Viktor
September 11, 2009 06:18AM
Hi Viktor,

up to now I have exactly one response for RepRap ;-)
But I only started contacting RepRap folks today, so I assume you found my survey somewhere else.

Also looking at the total number, I don't have enough answers to call it representative or meaningful in any way. But I keep contacting people and communities and I'm optimistic that this is going to change soon.

Regards
Kerstin
VDX
September 11, 2009 06:59AM
Hi Kerstin,

Kerba Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> up to now I have exactly one response for RepRap
> ;-)
> But I only started contacting RepRap folks today,
> so I assume you found my survey somewhere else.

... ooopps, this one should be mine spinning smiley sticking its tongue out - i stumbled in your call at fab@home ...

I hope there will be some more activity here winking smiley

Viktor
September 11, 2009 05:22PM
Hi Kerba,
I did the first two steps of your survey but stoppe because I have a question. I build a bitsfrombytes Rapman which is a Rep(st)rap, a derivative from the RepRap. They have their own forum on which I'm far more active than here. Can I just assume that this falls under RepRap because it's kind of a sub community or do you rather separate and ad another category to the list?
Ps. you can post your survey there too. www.bitsfrombytes.com/fora

Success with your research!
September 14, 2009 03:18AM
Thanks for this remark!

I added BitsFromBytes as separate project to my list and will also post my survey there smiling smiley
I just finished your survey. I am interested in seeing your results. I hope you post here again once your have completed your research.

Josh
October 01, 2009 03:59AM
Hi again,

I'm planning to publish first results by mid October and I will be able to include all answers which arrive until Monday, October, 5.

If some of you who did not yet respond are still interested in filling out my survey, please do so until Monday. I would be very happy about some more answers.

Best regards
Kerba

P.S. And of course I will post again as soon as the results are available.
VDX
October 01, 2009 04:22AM
... await your findings smiling smiley

Viktor
October 14, 2009 06:53AM
There you go...

As promised, here you can find my first release of aggregated survey results for all communities:
[open-innovation-projects.org]

And here are the results from the RepRap community:
[open-innovation-projects.org]

Kerstin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login