Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

possibly worlds first bitcoin mining 3d printer setup

Posted by twitch 
possibly worlds first bitcoin mining 3d printer setup
December 02, 2013 10:50AM
Hey everyone I thought I'd share my printing setup with you. Its a mendel max modified to almost double the z height. It has a raspberry pi running things a ps eye camera for remote video and timelaps. She has 10 asic bitcoin miners getting 3.3gig hash. Trying to pay for the printer and mining setup with it. So far I have made 3/4 my investment back in less than 3 months. You can see it at [www.crapshack.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 10:53AM by twitch.
Re: possibly worlds first bitcoin mining 3d printer setup
December 02, 2013 11:03AM
That's sick! With the price of bit coin lately you should only need like 1-2 coins to make your money back.

Are you including the cost of the asic chips in your overall cost?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
December 02, 2013 01:35PM
Cost per coin is over $1000 on most exchanges. I got all ten miners for $85 shipped on a group buy. And I have like $1400 into the printrr then 2 7 port powered usb hubs off ebay for like $10 each. And so far I have made almost $1200 in bitcoin. If btc hits $1200 a coin then I am paid back... the only decision then is to cash out or ride it till it crashes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 01:47PM by twitch.
December 02, 2013 02:36PM
What exchanges are you looking at ? Mt.gox was at like 650 last time I checked (this weekend).

Also, what miners are you using? I've been looking into mining for a little while now and am just curious.

Edit - Nvm. Just checked it and its over $1000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 02:37PM by gmh39.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
December 03, 2013 08:39AM
I'm using asic block erupters. Dont buy em unless you can get em under $10 each.
December 03, 2013 10:50AM
Your RPi is doing the hashing? You are managing to get a return on your investment in 3 months?!? On a pi?
What do you mean by "10 ASIC" ? link on hardware
very interesting indeed.
December 03, 2013 02:54PM
Search ebay or the NSA I mean google for asic block erupter. They are little usb sticks that mine bitcoins. And when I started mining btc was $125 a coin now its over a grand. I have 2 powered usb hubs with 5 block erupters each daisy chained to the pi. The pi is running cgminer to control the miners. I have a 5v 75w power supply running everything but will be downgrading to a 50w to save some power. What's nice with the rpi and octoprint is I have a relay controlling the 110v power to the printer via the rpi's gpio pins. I set up system commands in octoprint to power on and off the printers power supply. I had to cut the positive and ground wires on the usb cable between the arduino and rpi so the ranps board would only be powered when I trigger the relay.
December 03, 2013 02:56PM
Forgot to add most my ROI has been btc sky rocketing in price.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login