Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Analyze my print

Posted by Antslake 
Analyze my print
December 09, 2013 11:07PM
Well after a month of building my makerfarm i3, I am getting really good results on most of my prints. Starting to try the harder prints. Previously I could not even print out this rose. I had a few problems that I have slowly been correcting. It's tough in the beginning when you don't know what you are doing and there are multiple things wrong, makes it tougher to diagnose. I know there are some good tuning guides, and I have printed several calibration objects, but still being a newbie, I don't know always know which direction to go. So take a look and give me some advice. I am getting those blobs, and some hairs during bridging.

I was printing with clear ABS. 35mm print speed, but I dialed it back to 70%. 235 temp.

Re: Analyze my print
December 10, 2013 03:14AM
That's a lovely looking print!

I got blobs on my prints until I dropped my nozzle temperature from 230 to 215 - they don't happen as often now, maybe two or three on a large print smiling smiley
December 10, 2013 05:11AM
I was getting bonding issues before at those temps. Most of the time I was printing abs at 245. How is the bonding between layers for you? At what speed?
December 10, 2013 10:56AM
Antslake
I was getting bonding issues before at those temps. Most of the time I was printing abs at 245. How is the bonding between layers for you? At what speed?

bonding is really good for me - I recently printed out a single wall vase and am now using is as a pencil pot for marker pens, which proves it's nice and strong.

I tend to print slowly.. i'm not hugely experienced so haven't gone too fast, i've only had my printer actually printing stuff for about a month.

I print at about 90mm/second, with the first layer being 35% (about 30mm/s). I have a heated bed at 110C and printing onto kapton tape. Layer height is 0.2mm, and my nozzle is 0.35mm. first layer is 0.25mm! that's basically my entire configuration now haha
December 10, 2013 12:05PM
What slicing program are you using? I noticed something in cura, no matter what speed I choose, it seems to always print at the same speed. I am going to have and try printing slower.
December 11, 2013 04:32AM
I'm using slic3r, the 1.0.0RC1 version, on windows XP.

your firmware might be limiting your speed, you might want to check the max speed settings for your axes in your firmware thumbs up
December 11, 2013 11:35AM
Actually what seemed to be happening was no matter how slow I picked it would go fast. This last slice I just tried seemed to work so not sure whats going on.

As far as the blobs go, I think it has a lot to do with the color of the filament. That clear abs seems real difficult to get right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login