Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

very disapointed on Reprapdiscount product and service

Posted by newkid 
very disapointed on Reprapdiscount product and service
December 13, 2013 03:18AM
I bought a ordbot full kit from "Reprapdiscount", very disapointed.

1. No build instruction. if you are good to build 3D printer, you can have a try, otherwise you will have a lot of pain, please dont expect any instruction in the box. even their website, no. youtube, just a bit. you need to search a lot of web site to get a guess how to build it.

2. Faulty product. Before I buy, i already see a lot of post regarding "missing parts", "faulty product (especialy T"aurino Power") from "Reprapdiscount". Now i have become one of the statistic. dont believe you will be a lucky one. you may disapointed.

3. No afterslae support. you can visit their forum. [forum.reprapdiscount.com] . 90% of question is no one to answer. also if you send them message (TICKET), you need to wait their replay, how long? depends on how lucky you are, i already wait 1 week, still no one reply me a single word.

if you decide to buy one? good luck.
Re: very disapointed on Reprapdiscount product and service
December 13, 2013 03:49AM
And also very expensive.

2560+RMAPS easy to get by $40.

but they are selling $94
December 13, 2013 04:14AM
When I built my ORD Bot, the instructions on the wiki got me 90% of the way there:
[www.buildlog.net]

Any questions I had could be asked in the ORD Bot forum, and were quickly answered:
[buildlog.net]

Perhaps Reprapdiscount expected you to know about those resources? In any event, they should've included those links in the package.

I've considered buying from them, but haven't yet. Did you have missing parts or faulty parts?
December 13, 2013 04:46AM
certainly, faulty "Taurino Power" send message (ticket), with no one reply!

"Perhaps Reprapdiscount expected you to know about those resources?".....yes, they can expected customer already know everything. then do nothing.

you can have a look their own forum, called "aftersales support" how good is it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 04:47AM by newkid.
December 13, 2013 02:56PM
I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to do business with a person that has no problem with putting people's personal information online,

http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/hall-of-shame-scammer.12/
December 13, 2013 09:06PM
Terrible business man. They should put themself on the top on in "Hall Of Shame"

I have seen some "Reparapdiscount" man in this forum. because you guys dont reply me. I post here: Because you send me a fualty product, I need to return "Ramps 1.4 Ultimate POWER Kit, 1 wiring set "
December 13, 2013 09:07PM
If you really want to buy from them, dont use credit card, use Paypal instead. more protect yourself buy from such seller.
December 13, 2013 11:07PM
Most people have no issues with RepRapDiscount. I had only one problem with an order from them (out of four or five orders), and they corrected it immediately.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
December 14, 2013 05:37AM
I have no issues with their products or service. And many many others say the same thing.

Do your self a favour stop whining and get onto the #reprap IRC channel and you can talk to a representative directly. User BubbleRep (when he is awake)

RRD have a policy of doing their darnedest to fix any issues. (including a lot that are clearly user issues) No after sales support is just BS.

Instructions, that's what the wiki is for. eg [reprap.org] and the above mentioned #reprap

As for hall of shame, all businesses should run one. There are so many arseholes out there ripping people and businesses off. They should be named and shamed. Hell there should be a centralized publicly accessible database for them!
December 14, 2013 06:36AM
I direct gave them a call ask any instruction can i find, he reply, i cant tell you on the phone, you can give us a mail. after that i open a ticket and send them, but no reply until now 1week. how long they need to reply one mail?

they make a hall of shame. do you really have enough investigation to prove those customer is cheater?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 06:39AM by newkid.
December 14, 2013 08:13AM
I ordered and received quite a bit of stuff from them over time, no problems so far. A friend ordered an ordbot where two small parts were missing, they delivered them for free via express without any fuzz.
Just my personal experience.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
December 14, 2013 08:35AM
RepRapDiscount are probably one of the better Chinese suppliers. However, as with all of them, you have to adjust your expectations. Paying rock bottom prices for stuff sent all the way across the world, you are not going to get the same quality as a typical domestic Western supplier.

It is pretty much assumed that build instructions, especially for well known designs like Ordbot, are to be found on the internet nowadays. This is the new way, it reduces cost and is mostly better.

The Chinese and other low cost producers do suffer from inconsistent quality control, so while 96% of products work fine, the remainder are duds or worse dangerous to use. That is a lot worse failure rate than we are used to, but you have to factor that into the price when ordering. Always be wary when plugging in new electronic items.

While it is frustrating to have missing or faulty parts, a firm but friendly attitude to the supplier usually helps. They probably didn't want to annoy you, it just happens. In most cases, they will try to help with reasonable requests, and try to allow for language misunderstandings.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
December 14, 2013 10:46AM
Another happy RepRapDiscount customer here. Bought quite a bit of stuff from them and never had any issues. Tech and after sales support is better than 90% of the companies I do business with.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2013 12:21PM
You can't put your customers information online like that. If an American supplier did that, it'd be over for them. It's just another unethical Chinese company.

As for the quality, that's what happens when you use prison labor and sweet shops to produce your products. Anyone who buys this stuff is supporting worker brutality.
December 14, 2013 12:47PM
I purchased a lot of electronics from RepRapDiscount as well as other suppliers including US suppliers and by far RepRapDiscount made better products and gave better support. At this point I have stopped buying from US companies because if you have a problem you will have to fight about it for a least two weeks. But if you buy it from China you will at least know if there is an issue they will simply replace the part because continued sales are more important then single item profits. Hell even if you have to buy a replacement yourself it usually costs less then buying from the US once. Also I went to China and visited RepRapDiscount and saw their operation. I can tell you they do not use slave labour, no cheap knock off components and strive to ensure higher standards than most other RepRap suppliers. The last thing is RepRapDiscount is run by a German man that tries his hardest to produce what you would expect from a German supplier but at Chinese made prices.

I know they have gotten a lot bigger and are now supplying machine kits, extruder and hotends which I can not comment on. I also agree that the hall of shame is a good thing as there needs to be consequences for trying to scam someone.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
December 14, 2013 01:02PM
ohioplastics
You can't put your customers information online like that. If an American supplier did that, it'd be over for them. It's just another unethical Chinese company.

As for the quality, that's what happens when you use prison labor and sweet shops to produce your products. Anyone who buys this stuff is supporting worker brutality.

Ah, what would the internet be without thoughtless generalisation and assumptions. Oh yes, a much nicer place.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Anonymous User
December 14, 2013 01:16PM
Sublime
The last thing is RepRapDiscount is run by a German man that tries his hardest to produce what you would expect from a German supplier but at Chinese made prices.

So, It's kind of like how the Nazi's used the Jews to make all there stuff in WWII. Don't support Chinese death camps!
December 14, 2013 02:06PM
ohioplastics
Sublime
The last thing is RepRapDiscount is run by a German man that tries his hardest to produce what you would expect from a German supplier but at Chinese made prices.

So, It's kind of like how the Nazi's used the Jews to make all there stuff in WWII. Don't support Chinese death camps!

WOW you sure make assumptions and use Hitler at the drop of a hat to win arguments. Like I said I visited China to see the operation and he treated his employees better than I have ever been treated by an employer in north america. Stop thinking America is good and China is bad, It is that attitude that makes dealing with Americans impossible and why America is losing so much work to other places.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
December 14, 2013 02:58PM
This is what you get when you challenge a "belief system", not amenable to facts, reason, logic, etc.

Used to be the Japanese, easy to blame the "foreign devil" for problems.

This is probably not the best place to be debating this stuff, either.
December 14, 2013 03:12PM
ohioplastics

Careful. Comments like that can lead to a ban.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Anonymous User
December 14, 2013 04:32PM
All I'm saying is posting people's home address online sounds like something a Nazi would do (i.e. intimidation and fear mongering).

I don't blame Chinese people for taking jobs. I like their business model. It's pretty ruthless and as a capitalist, I admire that. I'm competing with the Chinese on Ebay. They're great at producing things, not so much at originality or out of the box thinking- because it's a repressive society.
December 14, 2013 04:41PM

Careful. Comments like that can lead to a ban.

Can we vote him off the island?
December 14, 2013 04:52PM
ohioplastics
All I'm saying is posting people's home address online sounds like something a Nazi would do (i.e. intimidation and fear mongering).

I don't blame Chinese people for taking jobs. I like their business model. It's pretty ruthless and as a capitalist, I admire that. I'm competing with the Chinese on Ebay. They're great at producing things, not so much at originality or out of the box thinking- because it's a repressive society.

online publishing of peoples home addresses ,phone number(s) and names is something thats done prolifically across the telemarketing industry and the debt collection industry, the difference is that the data is sold

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

December 15, 2013 06:53PM
their XXL ramps SD screen is pretty cool, got mine for #22 pounds ebay, its big and blue and i printed a case for it. think its overheated once and gone garbled, overall still working n very pleased.
December 15, 2013 09:17PM
kongorilla
When I built my ORD Bot, the instructions on the wiki got me 90% of the way there:
[www.buildlog.net]

Any questions I had could be asked in the ORD Bot forum, and were quickly answered:
[buildlog.net]

Perhaps Reprapdiscount expected you to know about those resources? In any event, they should've included those links in the package.

I've considered buying from them, but haven't yet. Did you have missing parts or faulty parts?

Hello. I am sorry you are not satisfied with our aftersales support. Unfortunately we asked you for the paypal transaction id, in order to determine your warranty period, you haven't provide this information yet. Paypal transaction id = invoice = warranty

After reading your posts, seems that you are not looking for a kit, farmore you need a "out of the box" working solution. I am sorry, we do not provide "out of the box" working printers, we are selling only DIY kits. Those kits are partially assebled and quite easy to build, a lot of help you can find in by using google or by clicking the links below. We are a serious company, but it is impossible to provide a 100% satisfaction to every one simply because 100% does not exist. We are authorised by Bard Dring (ord bot developer) to provide our customers links to his original ordbot documentations and every thing you need to know is very well described there.

[www.buildlog.net]
[www.youtube.com]

We would provide you a full refund, please provide the paypal transaction number! We will provide you the address where to ship the item, within your country and we will also pay for the shipping costs.

Best Regards,
Elvira

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:23PM by Reprapdiscount.

Best Regards,
Elvira

reprapdiscount open source / reprapdiscount online shop
reprapdiscount youtube / reprapdiscount forum
December 15, 2013 09:21PM
ShadowRam
I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to do business with a person that has no problem with putting people's personal information online,

http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/hall-of-shame-scammer.12/

We have the proof that we sent the goods and that the goods has been recived and signed by the "buyer" but the "buyer" has no proof of payment. How do yo call such behaviour in your country? Theft, right? In such a case you would go to police, unfortunately there is no "internet police" the only way to protect others from thiefs is to reveal their identity. Actually, the thief can delete the post in hall of shame by himself, by simply paying what he own or by sending back the unpaid items.

Best Regards,
Elvira

reprapdiscount open source / reprapdiscount online shop
reprapdiscount youtube / reprapdiscount forum
Anonymous User
December 15, 2013 09:30PM
Why do you post people's personal information online like that? Couldn't it just be someone's mom's or girlfriends house? Or do you think they were stupid enough to use there real address? Are you trying to scare people? Do you want people to go throw a brick through there window or something? What about the rumors you're using sweet shop labor to assemble your products? Is it common practice for you to illegally distribute your customers private information?

I have so many questions for you Elvira, if that is your real name. How come you'll give out your customers home address but you won't even tell us your real name? confused smiley

My name's Kyle by the way. I'm from Ohio. How about you?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:46PM by ohioplastics.
December 15, 2013 09:54PM
ohioplastics
Why do you post people's personal information online like that? Couldn't it just be someone's mom's or girlfriends house? Or do you think they were stupid enough to use there real address?

What about the rumors you're using sweet shop labor to assemble your products? Is it common practice for you to illegally distribute your customers private information?

I have so many questions for you Elvira, if that is your real name. How come you'll give out your customers home address but you won't even tell us your real name?

The rumours you are talking about seam to be started by you. I have met Elvira in person and she is a nice woman. Yes Elvira is her English name and may not be her Cantonese given name but that is normal when dealing with people with names not easily pronounced in English. Why do you try so hard to make others look bad? What interest do you have in this? If the address a scammer gave is a family or friends house then the person that lives there and signed for the package is part of the scam and also deserves to be called out for being part of a scam. All your hate seems to be racial and completely uncalled for and in support of the scam artists.

Anonymous User
December 15, 2013 10:05PM
I'm 1/16 blackfoot native american myself. I don't think I'm racist.

I think it's a pretty big assumption to make, to say beyond a reasonable doubt. In America, you're innocent until proven guilty by a trial of your peers. If giving out someone's home address isn't that big of a deal, then why doesn't "Elvira" give out her name and home address. I just find this whole thing fishy.

I also want to say that if you buy from me on my Ebay store , I absolutely will not give away your personal information. That's not how we role. We believe in Google's motto, "Don't be evil."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 10:27PM by ohioplastics.
December 16, 2013 08:21AM
@ ohioplastics

Your supposed ancestry doesn't change the fact that your comments are extremely racist and xenophobic. You're not only embarrassing yourself, you're tarnishing the name of your company. I hope you realiize this is a publicly-viewable forum and everyone on the internet can see what a flaming xenophobe you are.

Just because you can't compete on quality, price, or customer service with companies based in Asia doesn't mean it's ok to stoop to insulting them and trashing them on the internet.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.