Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ASSEMBLE COMPLETED, PRINTER NOT WORKING!!!

Posted by Levent 
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ASSEMBLE COMPLETED, PRINTER NOT WORKING!!!
December 19, 2013 02:57PM
The Y axes End Stop(non mechanical) is back(full back) of the printer as you see on the picture.
The X axes End Stop is(non mecha too) right(middle of it because assembly) at the printer as you see .
The Z axes End stop is left bottom of the printer as you see.
These 3 is true only looking front of the printer.
Ok I have completed the assembly I have a questions but first I want you to know:
MendelMax 1.5 with Marlin firmware with megatronics v2.0, opto endstops, Using printrun and slic3r.
1- Are the end stops place correct or where must them to be.
Why am I asking that because on the printrun I can only control Y axes(heat bed) from computer. The X and Z axes are not working. I think it's about wirind or end stops.
2-I want you to look the megatronics and correct me if I'm true or wrong about wiring. Focused on motor cables and motor drivers. I have looked them on megatronics 2 wiki page.
3- I want to know about how to print how can I print. What am I supposed to do.When everything is Ok what am I going to do with print run and slicer?
Thanks.
I'm gonna add a video too to show the wrongs.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20131219_142300.jpg (524.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131219_153202.jpg (446.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131219_153306.jpg (473 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131212_223615.jpg (507.5 KB)
Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ASSEMBLE COMPLETED, PRINTER NOT WORKING!!!
December 19, 2013 03:05PM
1. Yes and no. If I read right, your hotend would be homing at the front right corner of the bed. The default is the front left which would put the printer in an X+Y+ coordinate system. You can make it work the way you have it but you would have to set X as homing at the MAX endstop and invert the homing direction accordingly. DO NOT invert axis direction to get it to home correctly, when you press X+, it should move right. If it does not home the correct direction you must invert the HOMING DIRECTION, otherwise your prints will be mirrored.

Sending M119 to the printer will report the endstop status. If the above was correct you are homing X-Max, Y-Min, Z-Min. You will need to set the firmware accordingly, make sure to disable X-Min, Y-Max and Z-Max. M119 should report all endstops as open when the printer is not at the endstops, if it does not, go into the firmware and comment/uncomment the endstop pullups for the desired axis.

NOTE ----- The printer will not jog correctly unless it has been homed, you max be able to move the axis one direction but not the other. You need to home the printer for it to move as desired.

2. I have no experience with Megatronics so I can be of no help.

3. I use Repetier Host and Kisslicer currently, Repetier Host is nice because it has Slic3r built in along with a great g-code viewer and can run the printer.
December 19, 2013 03:34PM
How can I use default home settings for this printer? I want to describe the positions of x y and z and the end stops , I cant get them work.
Now The X and Y axes are moving on Printrun but the end stops are still not working and even the x axes's end stop works reverse grinning smiley I have checked everything.Looks normal. The x axes'smotor stop working when extruder goes far away from end stop and working when extruder become close grinning smiley Also the endstop's light is on when extruder goes far away from it and turns off when the flag which is extruder cuts the endstops connection grinning smiley And the z axes. Yes big problem A bit of mevement there but not too much. A quarter of circle maybe.
Guys I need really help here.I want to describe (use default settings on my printer) the variables, dimensions and etc. prepare this printer to print. That's all Thanks.
If you have a photo of solving that will be very helpful or drawing too.
December 19, 2013 05:55PM
Please upload your Configuration.h file to www.pastebin.com and link it here and take a picture of your printer from the front and circle the endstops in the picture.
December 20, 2013 01:46AM
Here are the photos of everything. I'm using megatronics v2.0. I have bought it from Bart in Netherlands. I have no idea what code is but Bart has said that it's working. He has installed the necessary things. The card is using Marlin firmware. I'm using Printrun and Slicer. I cant control the motors on Printrun.There are mistakes from motors and endstops or positioning of endstops or homing of x y z axes. I have no idea but I really need help to make it work.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20131220_082630.jpg (449.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082641.jpg (393.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082659.jpg (560.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082705.jpg (370.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082715.jpg (418.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082727.jpg (495.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082744.jpg (385.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082753.jpg (424.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082759.jpg (530.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20131220_082822.jpg (401.4 KB)
December 20, 2013 02:01AM
It says End Stop Hit for every axes now. The motors are moving only one way.
December 20, 2013 05:46AM
The second picture in the first post shows the belt on your x axis connected wrongly.
The clamps on the cariage connect to the bottom (split) run of the belt. You notice
that connected that way the belt is level between the pulleys not wonky.
TC
December 20, 2013 05:54AM
The Xaxis belt is connected wrongly, the clamps on the carraige should hold the bottom run of the belt.
TCase
December 20, 2013 06:02AM
Thanks I can fix that easily but I have no idea what does;
"Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo:Configuration.h: 2012-07-12 | Author: ravix
echo:Free Memory:4877 PlannerBufferBytes:1168
echo:Using Default settings:
echoconfused smileyteps per unit:
echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z1511.81 E761.33
echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z5.00 E200.00
echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
echo: M201 X2000 Y2000 Z50 E500
echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
echo: M204 S4000.00 T1000.00
echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum xY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s)
echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X5.00 Z0.40
echotongue sticking out smileyID settings:
echo: M301 P22.20 I1.25 D99.00
echoconfused smileyD init fail
workDir open failed

PRINTRUN ISNT MOVE ANY MOTOR."
MEANS
I have installed marlin firmware and test firmware was successful. But I cant manage the motors and make end stops work right. I dont know why.
December 20, 2013 06:53AM
If I will put the plastics under the carrier to hold the x axes belt on this machine the angle of belt will increase and make harder to move left and right. If you look closely you can understand what I mean.
December 20, 2013 06:54AM
I need to know what does it mean:
"Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo:Configuration.h: 2012-07-12 | Author: ravix
echo:Free Memory:4877 PlannerBufferBytes:1168
echo:Using Default settings:
echoconfused smileyteps per unit:
echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z1511.81 E761.33
echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z5.00 E200.00
echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
echo: M201 X2000 Y2000 Z50 E500
echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
echo: M204 S4000.00 T1000.00
echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum xY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s)
echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X5.00 Z0.40
echotongue sticking out smileyID settings:
echo: M301 P22.20 I1.25 D99.00
echoconfused smileyD init fail
workDir open failed

PRINTRUN ISNT MOVE ANY MOTOR."
December 20, 2013 10:48AM
[pastebin.com]
CONFIG.H

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 11:26AM by Levent.
December 20, 2013 11:18AM
Levent
If I will put the plastics under the carrier to hold the x axes belt on this machine the angle of belt will increase and make harder to move left and right. If you look closely you can understand what I mean.

He was saying that the lower belt should go through the clamps, not the upper. The way you have it would reverse the axis direction but I don't think it would have any affects on the usage of the printer unless it causes a problem.

Is this end the front or back of your printer? [forums.reprap.org] and please edit your post to have the config.h file as a link to www.pastebin.com it makes the thread difficult to navigate otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 11:21AM by tjb1.
December 20, 2013 11:28AM
Back of the printer
December 20, 2013 12:15PM
NOTHING HAS CHANGED. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I'M STUCK AT HERE. I DONT KNOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO.THE ENDSTOPS, THE FIRMWARE AND THE PRINTRUN ARENT WORK NORMAL.
December 20, 2013 01:54PM
Well first you need to give people the chance to read and help, second you need to STOP changing things if you dont understand what they do. You just dig a bigger hole.

Your current configuration is homing at X MAX and Y MAX.

You only have 3 home switches, looking at your pictures it looks like you have a plug in every spot on the megatronics and maybe the one on the Z isnt on correctly?

You need to hook the X endstop to X MAX on the board, you need to hook the Y endstop to Y MAX on the board and the Z endstop needs to go to Z MIN on the board...

In configuration, your X and Y home type will be 1, Z will be -1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR 1
#define Y_HOME_DIR 1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
-----------------------------------------------------------------

When JOGGING the axis, they should move as follows when looking at the front of the printer!

When JOGGING X in the + direction, the extruder should move RIGHT or TOWARDS YOUR ENDSTOP

When JOGGING Y in the + direction, the bed should move TOWARD YOU or the ENDSTOP

When JOGGING Z in the + direction, the extruder should move UP or AWAY FROM THE ENDSTOP.

If the axis will not move in the + direction, try to JOG in the - direction. When jogging in the - direction, all axis should move opposite of what it says above.

NOTE - THE AXIS MAY NOT MOVE BOTH DIRECTIONS UNLESS THE PRINTER IS HOMED FIRST, WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOMING IN THE ABOVE STEPS. THE ABOVE STEPS ARE TO INSURE THAT THE AXIS ARE MOVING IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION IN RELATION TO THE COORDINATE SYSTEM.

If any axis does not move as stated above, you need to either POWER DOWN EVERYTHING and REMOVE ANY POWER FROM MEGATRONICS and reverse the desired stepper connection - OR - go into the firmware and INVERT axis direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPLETE ALL STEPS ABOVE BEFORE DOING THESE...

At this point X+ should move the extruder to the right when looking from the front of the printer.

At this point Y+ should move the bed towards the front of the printer.

At this point Z+ should move the extruder up.

If any of those are incorrect, redo the steps above.

Now, start the printer up, DO NOT HOME IT. Make sure none of the FLAGS are triggering an ENDSTOP. Run the command M119, all endstops should report LOW. If they do not report LOW, you need to first COMMENT OUT coarse endstop adjustment as seen below

// corse Endstop Settings
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

With that commented out, you can now individually adjust the pullup for the min and max of each axis. For any axis that says it is HIGH using the M119 command when no flags are triggering endstops, you need to comment out the desired axis in the section illustrated below. For example, if Z MAX is HIGH and the line in the firmware reads "#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX", the line would need to look like so "//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX" to make it go low.

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// fine Enstop settings: Individual Pullups. will be ignord if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

Now, when you are able to send M119 and all axis min and max return LOW when the printer is not triggering an endstop and you did all the above steps. You should be able to home the printer.
December 20, 2013 02:58PM
Thanks. I'm trying it now.
December 20, 2013 04:29PM
tjb1
Levent

He was saying that the lower belt should go through the clamps, not the upper. The way you have it would reverse the axis direction but I don't think it would have any affects on the usage of the printer unless it causes a problem.
It will cause a problem because the bottom run of the belt is rubbing on the underside of the carraige, that would have to put the load on the X stepper. It would also make the X axis non linear due to the angularity.

TCase
December 21, 2013 02:22AM
[www.youtube.com]
I have captured a video of the printer. A little printrun test.
December 21, 2013 04:29AM
Hi Levent,

I have the same problem with the megatronics.
My hot end end bed also don;t become hot.
Maybe we can help eachother or is your problem already gone.

Nijskei
December 21, 2013 04:57AM
1. Fix your x-belt. This is how it's supposed to be: [techpaladin.com] . They way you have it installed will ruin your belt prematurely and cause movement issues.

2. The messages you copied are just normal startup messages, printed at every start of the firmware. They list settings and information about your firmware configuration. You can ignore them for now, but when you feel up to it, read them through and try to understand what they mean.

3. Check your end stops again, if you haven't decided to go without. There are several levels of logic/configuration that needs to bo correct for them to work. Pull-ups, inversion, location , wiring et.c. Check each setting from the bottom up. Verify each change you make so that things work as expected. I have no experience with optical end stops, but your supplier should have info on how the pull-ups and inversion should be set. M119 will list each end stops status at the time you enter it. Trigger one end stop, issue the command again and it should show a status change. If the wrong status is showed, try to figure out why. If the wrong end stop triggers, your connections are wrong.

4. Posting in ALL CAPS is the internet equivalent of shouting. Don't do it. It's very rude, bordering on childish. It will put anyone trying to help you off. Noone here has any obligation to help you, so don't give us attitude back when we try.

3D printing can be very frustrating and has a steep learning curve. Get used to it. It is quite rewarding when it works, and once you figure out the details of the settings, it will be a lot easier. You don't need to understand every setting in config.h, but at least skim it and try to understand the bigger picture of how the settings work together.

/Andreas
December 21, 2013 05:27AM
NijsKei hey;
I'm waiting for ideas and supplier to response I'm gonna add lots of videos to determine mistakes.And you can be sure I'll post every problems and solution about solving this endstop and firmware problems. This is the nightmare after complete the assembly.

Andreas thanks for the advice. I know I'm talking, shouting a lot I know I mustnt supposed to do I'm just bored for a few months there is no manual no guide to assemble. Of course there are a lot of information on the internet and they are enough to build but I'm building the first one. That's why it's so hard to build for me. I'm really really bored. I'm sitting near the printer and there is nothing I can do by myself. Nobody knows nothing and cant help me out. That's why I'm behaving offensive. Sorry about that.
December 21, 2013 12:59PM
Levent
NijsKei hey;
I'm waiting for ideas and supplier to response I'm gonna add lots of videos to determine mistakes.And you can be sure I'll post every problems and solution about solving this endstop and firmware problems. This is the nightmare after complete the assembly.

Andreas thanks for the advice. I know I'm talking, shouting a lot I know I mustnt supposed to do I'm just bored for a few months there is no manual no guide to assemble. Of course there are a lot of information on the internet and they are enough to build but I'm building the first one. That's why it's so hard to build for me. I'm really really bored. I'm sitting near the printer and there is nothing I can do by myself. Nobody knows nothing and cant help me out. That's why I'm behaving offensive. Sorry about that.

So did you get anywhere by following my last post?
December 22, 2013 11:10AM
No. Still stuck. I've put a few videos of the printer on youtube. The supplier is working on it too but hasnt made yet.
[www.youtube.com]
December 22, 2013 12:27PM
Levent
No. Still stuck. I've put a few videos of the printer on youtube. The supplier is working on it too but hasnt made yet.
[www.youtube.com]

If you followed my post I can almost guarantee you the printer would work...the X axis is not homing the correct direction and I bet Y has a pull-up messed up, but I cant help any further until you either learn to do what is being outlined here or actually do it.

From your video, I hope you are filming from the rear of the printer. If not, all my information would be backwards because earlier you told me that was the rear.
December 22, 2013 03:13PM
Dear tjb1;
Thanks for reply. I have captured all the videos from behind. I have no idea what's going on to this printer because I'm learning new. I know I need to learn too much. I have finally made the x axes work, endstop too. But still I need to make y and z work. I have learned too many things about assembly. Ofcourse not perfect but still keep learning and searching. Also I know English a little bit. When you use a technical word I can understand a little bit maybe cant. That's difficult to me. And there isn't a book, magazine or any information that written in my language.I've uploaded a new video of the working x axes. And now I'm working on y axes. Y axes is working but the only wrong thing is when I press home on printrun the heat bed goes and crash the endstop. it doesnt stop when reach the endstop. And keep going until it stops.
What I've done for x axes;
- I've used my supplier's working code on his printer(But I know I 've learn that the endstops positions change the config.h so I know I've wired x and z axes same with my supplier's printer but I'm not sure about y axes)
- I've wired x axes's stepper motor cable inverse to the board(megatronics)
That's it. It works. Now focused on y and z. By the way I'm trying increasing current of step sticks - motor drivers on the card. It changes many things. I havent known that.
Thanks again. I have read many many times what people say. Thanks to everyone who comment. I'm still reading to learn.
December 22, 2013 03:13PM
Here is the x axes;
[www.youtube.com]
December 22, 2013 03:20PM
I just want to ask a question.
The y axes is actually working but when I press home button iy moves too much to the endstop and crashes. I have turned clockwise it's motor driver but it hasnt work for y although it has worked for x. Same connections. Same settings. How can I make y to move that it can only reach endstop then stop smiling smiley ?
December 22, 2013 03:37PM
I think maybe it's about the heat bed position.
#define Y_MAX_POS 205
my heat bed can move only 14 cm. It's about the wood plate. There isn't any standart on the codes. I'll try to fix the code. Maybe it can work.
December 22, 2013 04:19PM
Levent
[www.youtube.com]

Your x-axis belt is looped wrong. It'll never move properly with the belt rubbing on the bottom of the carriage. Basically you have it installed upside down. The only place the belt touches the carriage is at the belt clamps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login