Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

color filiment

Posted by Kobieashie 
color filiment
January 05, 2014 01:40PM
I read that the black colored filiment is prone to problems. Is this true? What colors seem to work best. I am getting ready to order my first batch of filiment.
Re: color filiment
January 05, 2014 01:46PM
It's spelled filAment.

I'm guessing it depends on the vendor, and on the plastic type. I have black 3mm ABS filament from Lulzbot, never had any trouble with it whatsoever. It's rather expensive though.
January 05, 2014 01:48PM
oops, sorry.
January 05, 2014 02:48PM
Generally there is good filament and bad filament, regardless of color. Technically it's easier to hide bad plastic in black filament, but I doubt it's a big factor if your buying from a quality vendor.
Personally I buy only from ultimachine at this point, I just hate the wasted time from bad filament, the cheap filament I bought, I'd estimate about 20% was unusable, that's still technically cheaper, even with the wastage, but I'd rather be printing that trying to figure out why my prints are failing.

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
January 05, 2014 04:29PM
In Europe, I have had good experiences with the filament from RepRapWorld (among the cheaper vendors, but apart of 3mm PLA occasionally snapping between spool and extruder when not printing for several days, rather reliable). Plastic2Print also is a good filament supplier with a wider selection of materials, albeit at a little higher price (tried their 1.75mm black PLA, PET and TPE).
Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same about FormFutura's ABS filament, though. It's brittle and suffers from really loose tolerances and that at mediocre to higher prices. Never had filament stuck in the printed part of a Wade's extruder before! Never ordered something from them again, so I don't know how their other filament is.
January 17, 2014 05:08AM
Based on our selling experience, black,white and natural color are the best sellers. Seldom get bad feedback about specific color, but indeed there may need some small adjustment for the 3d printers for some colors.

Our filament works good with Makerbot,Ultimaker,Felix and etc.

China 3D Printing Filament Factory
0.05mm Tolerance/22 Colors/ Fast Delivery
Ana Lucia
Tel:0086-13418510805
www.ecoreprap.com
January 17, 2014 05:47AM
I took a chance and bought repraper black PLA, really curious how it handles. It came into the post-office today, so still have to pick it up!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login