Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.

Posted by FSilvestre 
Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.
January 09, 2014 01:10PM
Hi everyone

I need some help with the parameters on marlin firmware and slic3r. I have a prusa i2 on wish i had and used for a while a greg extruder with a j-head, but i decided to try due to the fact that it would be smaller and lighter, the new Merlin Hotend with a direct drive mk8.
Unfortunately i'm not being able to get good prints, either i have problems with the first layer (too much on first and ok on the rest) and sometimes, a few minutes after the beggining of the print the filament stops extruding. I've added a fan to the front pointed at the mk8 and filament and still doesn't work well.

Anyone with this set that is able to print without a problem?

Thanks
Filipe
Re: Mk8 with Merlin Hotend - Marlin conf.
January 09, 2014 04:38PM
When your machine stops extruding...is it a clog hotend or the extruder motor just stops?

What size of nozzle do you have installed 0.2,0.3, 0.4...ect...make sure you update the nozzle size in your slicer software.
Suggestion: double check your settings match the machine nozzle size.

Is your extruder calibrated? ie: when you tell it to extrude 10mm through software the machine feeds 10mm? If your trying to push too much plastic through the nozzle it's possible for the melted material to be pushed up the wrong direction towards the cold end of your extruder then it solidifies and jams your extruder.
Suggestion: double check your calibration

Nozzle could be too close to the table it's possible for the melted material to be pushed up the wrong direction towards the cold end of your extruder then it solidifies and jams your extruder.
Suggestion:Try increasing the first layer height

Also temps are very important to jamming and skipping. Make sure you have the correct sensor selected in your FW

What material are you using?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login