Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has someone tried chines ' 0.4mm 12V Nozzle Extruder Print Head'?

Posted by fsamir 
Has someone tried chines ' 0.4mm 12V Nozzle Extruder Print Head'?
February 15, 2014 05:57AM
Has anyone tried these extruders + hotend that are selling on eBay and Ali Express?

They are quite cheap($69.00) and look well constructed. They are quite similar to the QU-BU...

[www.aliexpress.com]

Thanks

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
Re: Has someone tried chines ' 0.4mm 12V Nozzle Extruder Print Head'?
February 15, 2014 08:12AM
Pretty sure those used k type thermal couple and not a thermester and looks like it would be pretty much impossible to change over with that hot end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 08:14AM by cnc dick.
February 15, 2014 09:19AM
Hey,

I am looking at the dual extruder type of this: [www.ebay.co.uk]

I really want to know if anyone else has got one and how well it performs.

Thanks

NFireLabs - The World First Modular 3D Printer - At An Affordable Price!
February 15, 2014 12:03PM
Doesn't seem to be a very powerful stepper motor on that extruder. I think you would be better off with something else.
February 15, 2014 05:14PM
CNC dick,
I contacted them and you can order with a thermistor, rather than the thermocouple.

Ohmarinus,
Agreed. What would you suggest?
February 15, 2014 06:15PM
Well, they state that it's an 0.84A motor, I am not the superwizz of stepper motors, but I do know that the stepper driver will need to be carefully calibrated otherwise you'll surely overheat the extruder motor since it's always running with a good load since it's direct drive.

Otherwise I also doubt if it has the power you need. Normally these direct drive extruders are equipped with for example a gearbox where it's not much of a problem that it has less torque. The torque on the motor is 2.8kg so thats about 2/3 of what my 2.5A stepper motors can hold, so it's not superbad, but I think you'll have a very hot stepper motor a lot.

I wonder if there are people here that bought one?

For me I would go for making my own combination of extruder (I got the Airtripper Bowden variant) and hotend (J-head from reprapworld). Although that would be a bit difficult to make yourself when you don't have a working printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login