Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Photoshop CC 3D Print options with Marlin Firmware?

Posted by kfootball15 
Photoshop CC 3D Print options with Marlin Firmware?
February 16, 2014 05:38PM
Hey,

Has anyone got the new Photoshop 3D options working with RepRap printers with Marlin Firmware?

I would to use Photoshop directly with my RepRap but I'm not sure how to get it working!

Thanks,
Jeff
Re: Photoshop CC 3D Print options with Marlin Firmware?
February 17, 2014 03:26PM
Anybody?
February 19, 2014 09:11AM
the tutorial here [www.digitalartsonline.co.uk] says:

"You can use Photoshop CS6 Extended, plus two free cross-platform tools: 3D printing utility Cura, and model-cleanup and processing tool MeshLab."

So from that I understand that it won't generate the G-code directly; rather it creates an STL file which your slicing program (cura or slic3r, etc) will use to create G-code.

So the process would be:
1. design your object using photoshop
2. export it to a .stl file from photoshop
3. use a slicer program to turn the STL file into Gcode,
4. run the Gcode into your 3d printer using repetier-host/pronterface/ an SD card
February 19, 2014 06:09PM
Stupidest thing ever added to PHOTOshop......
February 19, 2014 06:25PM
Dirty Steve

agreed, it almost akin to using Ms word as a cad program

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 20, 2014 08:48AM
Dirty Steve
If you don't like the feature, don't use it. Having options, even if they are ridiculously priced and ill-suited for the task at hand, is never a bad thing. Adobe was going to screw you on the cost of licensing regardless if the 3D printing option was included or not.

That being said, I agree. Maybe Microsoft Sound Recorder will have an Export STL feature soon too.
February 20, 2014 09:23AM
Follow my thread here.

[forums.reprap.org]

Jeff Christiana
February 20, 2014 06:00PM
cdru
Dirty Steve
If you don't like the feature, don't use it. Having options, even if they are ridiculously priced and ill-suited for the task at hand, is never a bad thing. Adobe was going to screw you on the cost of licensing regardless if the 3D printing option was included or not.

That being said, I agree. Maybe Microsoft Sound Recorder will have an Export STL feature soon too.

I DON'T use it.......I use PHOTOshop for PHOTOS, for the past 21 years......and cloud computing can just bite me....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login