Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware question | simple question then test

Posted by bishupz1 
Firmware question | simple question then test
February 21, 2014 02:41PM
I have an Azteeg X3
There either is a problem with the board for the z-axis pins, or an aspect of the firmware.

I do have 2 stepper on the Z axis, but for testing purposes I am using a single stepper motor. Any stepper I place on the Z axis from the board (single or dual - in parallel) at the most pulse. I can turn the pot up to 1.2 volts and still it just pulses...

Note on the parallel Z-axis steppers, I can place them in the Y-axis and everything works fine.

Back to the original question I had. I have been using Repetier Hosts (what a great little tool if you haven't seen this page yet - Repetier) for the board, everything works except for the Z-axis. I disassembled everything to test just for the steppers, removed LCD, heatbed, 2nd extruder...

The question: Do you think that this could be a firmware problem? I want to test an older version of marlin that I configured..

I am running out of options, and the only thing I can think of is that the board has a problem (easier to blame the board smiling smiley ).

Another thing that I was thinking is that there could be some option in the firmware selection to build your custom settings from Repetier Host that I am not aware of that can debunk an aspect of the board... Just guessing at this point what could be going wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login