Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midwest RepRap Fest 2014

Posted by akhlut 
Midwest RepRap Fest 2014
February 28, 2014 01:09PM
Two weeks to go...

[midwestreprapfest.org]

I've got to convince the wife to ditch World Maker Faire this year, but I'm pretty sure I can make it happen.

Who's going?

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: Midwest RepRap Fest 2014
February 28, 2014 01:16PM
I'm onthe fence... it's a 5 hr drive... and a blown weekend for the wife. I have at least one, perhaps 2 buddies that are planning to go.
February 28, 2014 01:29PM
Yeah, it'll be an 11 hour drive for me, and I HATE driving.

- akhlut

February 28, 2014 01:50PM
14 hour drive for me and I'm going. The lot of you have no excuse! tongue sticking out smiley

EDIT

I want to say, the event last year was by far the most fun I've had at any kind of maker faire/hackerspace type thing. Great atmosphere, great people. Loads more fun than Maker Faires.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 01:51PM by crispy1.
February 28, 2014 02:02PM
I will be there. This event is a lot of fun and really brings out the people who are directly involved with reprap and 3d printing.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
February 28, 2014 03:29PM
11 hours for me! I am coming with some of my off the wall designs. I am very excited. None of us can beat Prusa. I think his trip is a bit longer.

ConceptFORGE
Wally, GUS Simpson, LISA Simpson, THOR Simpson, Sextupteron, CoreXZ
A2
February 28, 2014 06:20PM
Live Stream thumbs up
For the weekend of the event, we’ll have the livestream embedded here. Be sure to check back for it!
[midwestreprapfest.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 06:57PM by A2.
March 01, 2014 12:01PM
I am planning to attend the event, coming from MN ~8hrs
First 3D print event for me should be fun, looking forward to it.
March 02, 2014 10:18PM
I'm going. Must be a whole hour drive. Might drag some others from the local Makers group. Notsure what to expect...it'll be my first show.
March 03, 2014 07:48PM
Gonna be fun guys! Last yr was a blast. Akhlut, awesome to see you coming this time! Got almost 200 RSVP' s so far, and last yr was half that, the last 5 days it exploded.
March 03, 2014 10:15PM
Mr Olly,

I attended your prestigious occassion last year and was willing to travel the miles, but what is the Port O Potty sittuation? A weary traveler shouldn't be subject to outdoor facilities in this harsh winter. Thanks for your corespondance.
March 04, 2014 08:30PM
macuser1
I attended your prestigious occassion last year and was willing to travel the miles, but what is the Port O Potty sittuation? A weary traveler shouldn't be subject to outdoor facilities in this harsh winter. Thanks for your corespondance.
Port-o-pottys shouldn't be an issue this year. Northern Indiana got enough snow there probably isn't enough level surfaces for them to sit. There should just be some deep holes dug in the snow with igloos on top.
March 13, 2014 02:51PM
3DogNate
I'm onthe fence... it's a 5 hr drive... and a blown weekend for the wife. I have at least one, perhaps 2 buddies that are planning to go.

Looks like I'm coming.... Probably will bring my printer and see about getting some tuning advice... may bring my E3D hot end and see if I can get some help getting good results with it.
March 13, 2014 09:39PM
And now I can't make it. Work manages to get in the way of my endeavors lately. Hopefully the dropcams will be there.

- akhlut

March 14, 2014 01:39PM
I am planning on going , should be there mid morning Saturday
March 16, 2014 02:23PM
The Wife and I took a 2hr drive and attended the Midwest RepRap Fest 2014 yesterday (sat), and what a great time it was!!!!
I was there primarily to decide whether to purchase a SeeMeCNC Rostock Max kit, or build my own version of the BerryBot.
What was really cool, Rad Racer was there with his version of the BerryBot. I got to see it in action and talk a little about it.
Wayne is a really nice guy, and it was great to talk to him. I meant to thank him for sharing his build details but forgot. So if you read this, Thanks Wayne!!!
There were so many people there it was hard to talk to anyone for any length of time.
I would like to thank the guys from SeeMeCNC for hosting this great event. It was a fun time, I learned a lot, and will be attending the event next year!
Funny thing, I think my wife even got a little interested. When we got home she was looking at a bottle opener that some one had printed and given her, and she commented about the good quality of the print! She was actually wandering around looking, and apparently talking, to the different vendors while I was engaged in my own conversations!
She said she had an ok time, but I think she had more fun than she wanted to admit.
I'm still undecided which way to go on the printer build, but because of my desire to design and fabricate, I'm leaning toward my own version.
Still got a couple projects to finish first.
Later, Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 02:25PM by Steve Farling.
March 16, 2014 03:10PM
Steve Farling
The Wife and I took a 2hr drive and attended the Midwest RepRap Fest 2014 yesterday (sat), and what a great time it was!!!!
I was there primarily to decide whether to purchase a SeeMeCNC Rostock Max kit, or build my own version of the BerryBot.
What was really cool, Rad Racer was there with his version of the BerryBot. I got to see it in action and talk a little about it.
Wayne is a really nice guy, and it was great to talk to him. I meant to thank him for sharing his build details but forgot. So if you read this, Thanks Wayne!!!
There were so many people there it was hard to talk to anyone for any length of time.
I would like to thank the guys from SeeMeCNC for hosting this great event. It was a fun time, I learned a lot, and will be attending the event next year!
Funny thing, I think my wife even got a little interested. When we got home she was looking at a bottle opener that some one had printed and given her, and she commented about the good quality of the print! She was actually wandering around looking, and apparently talking, to the different vendors while I was engaged in my own conversations!
She said she had an ok time, but I think she had more fun than she wanted to admit.
I'm still undecided which way to go on the printer build, but because of my desire to design and fabricate, I'm leaning toward my own version.
Still got a couple projects to finish first.
Later, Steve

Yes my buddies Mike and Joe and I were there as well, I am not sure if any of us really met (and realize it), I also chatted with Wayne a bit about his BerryBot clone as well and fabrication in general... Nice guy...

We were setup back in the far right corner on one of the round tables with a couple of Ord Bot Hadron builds. Mine was the one with the Viki LCD and Azteeg X3 Controller.
March 16, 2014 06:03PM
Would like to thank and commend those who put in all the work for this years show.

I attended last year and this year was larger and better.

Probably will need more room again next year.

Talks, although short, were very interesting.

Hope that next year they can add some classes for those new to 3D printing.

Again, thanks and keep up the good work.

Nick
March 16, 2014 08:40PM
3DogNate,
Were you guys all at your own table building your printers? If so, I did stop for a minute and watch, but didn't talk.
It would have been cool if everyone that is on the forum and was there had a name tag with user name, and real name.
Mine's easy, as it's the same!
Sadly, I don't know very many people on here yet.
But I eventually will!!!
Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 08:41PM by Steve Farling.
March 17, 2014 12:14AM
Steve Farling
3DogNate,
Were you guys all at your own table building your printers? If so, I did stop for a minute and watch, but didn't talk.
It would have been cool if everyone that is on the forum and was there had a name tag with user name, and real name.
But I eventually will!!!
Steve

No we were on the other side across from them.
March 17, 2014 05:44AM
3DogNate
Steve Farling
3DogNate,
But I eventually will!!!
Steve

No we were on the other side across from them.

Ok, yep same story except those tables were too close together.
I started to walk down between them, but didn't want to get in anyone's way.
Maybe we'll get together next year.
Where are you guys from?
March 18, 2014 10:41AM
We came from Bloomington, IL (3hr 45min drive)

You?
March 18, 2014 12:11PM
Hartford City. IN
2hr Drive
March 18, 2014 03:35PM
Bay Village, Ohio. Just west of Cleveland.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login