Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print accuracy

Posted by Rigor_M 
Print accuracy
March 14, 2014 10:38AM
Hi,

This is more of a dilemma that I have in choosing a printer design.

I was wondering if prints are more accurate when the Bed is on the Z-axis (like the Ultimaker/2, replicator/2X) than when its on the Y-axis (Prusa i2/i3)

Then way I see it is, the part printing gets jerked around alot more when its on the y-axis.
the Z-axis one suffers only minimal drops /layer heights in movement.

Of coarse, i'm talking about higher speed prints.. lets say 80mm/s - 100mm/s.

I see that the Y-axis printers are very popular so that is why i'm asking.

anyone have a tough on this ?

J-F

Re: Print accuracy
March 14, 2014 11:50AM
I think a printer where the bed only moves on Z is far superior. I wouldn't even consider building a machine with a bed that moves in X or Y. You cold also consider a Delta bot which has a bed that does not move at all.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
March 14, 2014 11:58AM
Sublime
I think a printer where the bed only moves on Z is far superior. I wouldn't even consider building a machine with a bed that moves in X or Y. You cold also consider a Delta bot which has a bed that does not move at all.

Thanks for your reply.

i'm already at my 3rd printer design. The second one has a Z-Axis and I starting designing the 3rd one in the same matter and started thinking If I was making the best choice.

I have plans on building a Delta printer but a already made plan :-)

Thanks.
March 14, 2014 03:32PM
The best prints that I've seen are all from printers with the printbed on the Z-axis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login