Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which 3d printer for 50-100 micron resolution? Mendel Max 2.0?

Posted by pierpaolo9600 
Which 3d printer for 50-100 micron resolution? Mendel Max 2.0?
March 17, 2014 06:19PM
Hi all,
I'm a new enter in this forum (sorry for my poor english) and I'm planning to build a 3d printer with 50-100 microns resolution. My mind focused attention on Mendel Max 2.0 due to the stable build and also the great resolution.
I want to build my 3d printer, due to i have yet a CNC, and not buy a KIT.
Regarding Mendel Max 2.0 I have found only few material for building but too little when compared to prusa I3.
Another choice is the Reparap Ultimaker but also here too little material online to build it...have you advice for me about 3d printer with 50-100 micron resolution and a great working area? Obviously with all the instruction and stl-dxf file online!

Thanks for reading!

Best Regards
Re: Which 3d printer for 50-100 micron resolution? Mendel Max 2.0?
March 17, 2014 10:20PM
Most RepRap printers can actually do 50-100 microns, though I would suggest somthing with a small leadscrew pitch to keep it tight.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
March 18, 2014 07:06AM
diytechshop
Most RepRap printers can actually do 50-100 microns, though I would suggest somthing with a small leadscrew pitch to keep it tight.
Can u suggest me the best choice form me? My ideal building area is 25x25x20 (x,y,z). Obviously if there is more area it's better! I'm looking for this iron 3d 12*12*14,bit i hadn't find nothing on the web.
Can u help me?
March 18, 2014 03:39PM
No one can help me?
March 18, 2014 09:09PM
pierpaolo9600
diytechshop
Can u suggest me the best choice form me? My ideal building area is 25x25x20 (x,y,z). Obviously if there is more area it's better! I'm looking for this iron 3d 12*12*14,bit i hadn't find nothing on the web.
Can u help me?

Pretty much any printer will be larger than 25mm x 25mm x 20mm, and most printers can print 100 microns without any special mechanics.
March 19, 2014 08:55AM
Ok...but...which 3d print open source can print with 50-100 microns resolution with area 25x25x20 or bigger and open source? Open source mean that i can find all the 3d printed parts, all the data sheet, all manual, so i can buy all the material by myself and i'm not obliged to buy a 3d printer KIT in a shop.

Best Regards
March 19, 2014 11:57AM
March 19, 2014 12:40PM
gmh39
[forums.reprap.org]
Nice site but i'm searching experiences from users and a full manual for build the reprap. I'm not searching a list of all reprap in the world.

Thanks a lot
March 19, 2014 12:50PM
pierpaolo9600
Nice site but i'm searching experiences from users and a full manual for build the reprap. I'm not searching a list of all reprap in the world.

That list is fairly short, and includes only RepRap machines as defined by the RepRap project. Feel free to do some looking yourself to see which designs have good documentation.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 19, 2014 01:16PM
NewPerfection
pierpaolo9600

That list is fairly short, and includes only RepRap machines as defined by the RepRap project. Feel free to do some looking yourself to see which designs have good documentation.
I'm in love with mendel max 2.0 and iron 3d but i'm not able to find anything online, about building...can you help me ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 01:17PM by pierpaolo9600.
March 19, 2014 01:30PM
pierpaolo9600
I'm in love with mendel max 2.0 and iron 3d but i'm not able to find anything online, about building...can you help me ?

The MendelMax 2.0 is well documented (read here), but has parts that are not easy to make at home (stamped and bent steel sheets).

I can't find much information about the Iron 3D, it doesn't seem to have sources released or documentation available anywhere.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 19, 2014 02:44PM
NewPerfection
pierpaolo9600

The MendelMax 2.0 is well documented (read here), but has parts that are not easy to make at home (stamped and bent steel sheets).

I can't find much information about the Iron 3D, it doesn't seem to have sources released or documentation available anywhere.
I just saw this link [reprap.org] and there are a lot of information but not enough to build the mendel max
March 19, 2014 04:55PM
That link has everything you need to build a MendelMax 2... Source files, BOM, and assembly instructions.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
March 19, 2014 08:43PM
The Wiki here and the Mendelmax site along with Maker's Tool Works have more than enough info to build an MM2 including a few detailed manuals. Maxbots has a dropbox in addition to the Gitrhub repo that contains up to date information. They aren't difficult to build but if one has never used a printer I would suggest something a bit less ambitious. As stated the difficult parts to build in a home shop or garage are the basic frame plates/brackets but they are available from a few sources. MTW or searching ebay will return some results. If you have access to a waterjet or mill you can cut your own parts from the comprehensive source files. The bed clips and Maxstruder frame require a radius bend of aluminum but the extruder is available from MTW. You can also fit something like a Greg's if you make an adapter.
March 19, 2014 08:50PM
perhaps the best printer to build is the one you can find the most information about? You're going to have a very hard time if you can find all the info you need through a simple google search.
March 20, 2014 05:17AM
vegasloki
The Wiki here and the Mendelmax site along with Maker's Tool Works have more than enough info to build an MM2 including a few detailed manuals. Maxbots has a dropbox in addition to the Gitrhub repo that contains up to date information. They aren't difficult to build but if one has never used a printer I would suggest something a bit less ambitious. As stated the difficult parts to build in a home shop or garage are the basic frame plates/brackets but they are available from a few sources. MTW or searching ebay will return some results. If you have access to a waterjet or mill you can cut your own parts from the comprehensive source files. The bed clips and Maxstruder frame require a radius bend of aluminum but the extruder is available from MTW. You can also fit something like a Greg's if you make an adapter.
Thanks for answer! I have yet a mill so i can cut all 2d parts and i can buy at 25 usd all 3d printed parts. I'm doing a lot of research...
March 20, 2014 02:24PM
I'm finding resolution is all about the right speed and flow of plastic.
I built a Prusa I3, which has a sturdy wood frame to keep things rigid.
I am getting very nice prints in PLA, with print speed at 30mm/sec for perimeter.
I am working on settings to speed that up. Simply raising head speed causes little aberrations in edges.

So it seems to me as long as you build a machine with sturdy frame, the technology is down to the hotend control of plastic.
Even the basic setup do an amazing job of putting the head in the right place at right time.

That medelmax is expensive as its all metal with aluminum extrusions.
Spend away if you want, but you will struggle (some at least) with plastic flow like the rest of us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login