Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Giant Fan Woes... sad smiley

Posted by kfootball15 
Giant Fan Woes... sad smiley
March 21, 2014 04:49PM
I was having a problem with warping on the edges, So I bought a much better/bigger fan.

This did WONDERS for the accuracy of my smaller prints, which is great. The only problem is that the Giant fan really cools down the bed a very significant amount. By the time the print finishes the bed is at 40 some odd degrees.

If I ever have to start a print over I have to wait a while to get the bed to heat up again.

The bed , even without ANY fan, just will not heat up over 110 degrees. I was going to set the first layer to print at 100 degrees, have the fan start at this point, and then have the print bed heat to 150+ for all of the other layers. This did not help thought sad smiley

Any ideas?
Re: Giant Fan Woes... sad smiley
March 21, 2014 04:57PM
What about using a fan-funnel?
This way you can direct the air to a certain area and still manage a good amount of cm3 of air.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 04:58PM by Ohmarinus.
March 21, 2014 09:20PM
Switch to 24V you will be much happier.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
March 22, 2014 02:10AM
turn down the fan speed by lowering its pwm. in many slicers there is a max speed for fan. look for this setting in cooling. i have a big fan that prevents my bed from maintaining 50degc for pla. i just run it at max at 60%. i run it at 100% at end of build to cool the bed so parts pop off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login