Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This has me stumped

Posted by Sarge 
This has me stumped
March 29, 2014 06:55PM
So here's the issue; I did a print and everything went great. I go to do another and I set the temperature for 235c for the exturder and the heated bed at 105c, just like the previous print. The temperature for the print head goes to 244c and shuts down, taking the heated bed with it. Every time I try to bring the head to 235c, same thing happens. I tried it with a different computer and got the same results. I'm running an E3D print head on a Robo3D printer with Repetier software. Any ideas?
Re: This has me stumped
March 29, 2014 10:14PM
I've read somewhere that 230 is the max for the E3D and can be damaged above that temp. So I don't know what to tell you about that.

Get out your voltmeter and start checking resistance/continuity and voltages. Your voltmeter can tell you a lot more than we can with limited information.
March 29, 2014 11:38PM
Sounds like the firmware for the Robo3D has a max temp shutoff to prevent damage to a PEEK hot end like the J-Head. You can go to something like 350 with the E3D, so you will need to change the temp limit in the firmware. This is something that should have come up in installing the E3D since the last step is to heat to 300 and giving the nozzle and extra bit of tightening.
April 02, 2014 01:43PM
Istale
I've read somewhere that 230 is the max for the E3D and can be damaged above that temp. So I don't know what to tell you about that.

Get out your voltmeter and start checking resistance/continuity and voltages. Your voltmeter can tell you a lot more than we can with limited information.

An E3D can go up to the melting point of the Aluminum which is around 660C provided it uses a thermocouple. The E3D with a standard thermistor is good to 300C.

Repetier provides errors when it stops, how about you post the error...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login