Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You get what you pay for

Posted by Doug1 
You get what you pay for
March 31, 2014 12:16PM
Ok so after i discoverd my DIY hotend was pretty much crap i decided to get a Geeetech from amazon.$30 came with a heater / thermistor etc all taped up and setup already.Well this seemed to work ok until my j head block broke.. lucky me i had another one! Well that broke too. So alittle study time showed me why, Apperntly there is a very strict standard for the exact size of the lip above notch the J head must fit in.

To Big.. it dont fit, 1mm to small and it puts pressure on the very edge of the blockcauseng it to crack and break. So next time all the vetrans say "Go to hotends.com ya newb" Listen. just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 04:58PM by Doug1.
Re: You get what you pay for
March 31, 2014 12:45PM
Doug1
So next time all the vetrals say "Go to hotends.com ya newb" Listen. just saying.
Or just get an E3D hot end and never worry about it cracking, melting, or otherwise breaking again. winking smiley
Re: You get what you pay for
April 01, 2014 05:35AM
cdru
Doug1
So next time all the vetrals say "Go to hotends.com ya newb" Listen. just saying.
Or just get an E3D hot end and never worry about it cracking, melting, or otherwise breaking again. winking smiley

I've just done exactly this, I didn't think hotends/ nozzles made all that much of a difference but the filament comes out so much smoother and consistently now.. wow! +1 for an E3D hotend & nozzle smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login