Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last day of Misumi free $150.00 promotion

Posted by A2 
A2
Last day of Misumi free $150.00 promotion
March 31, 2014 01:04PM
So today is the last day of Misumi free $150.00 promotion.
I've avoided taking advantage of it, because the website hurts my brain, navigating their site makes me so angry, seriously.

I would like to build a 3d printer in the future but I don't have any thing in mind, so I thought I would buy 3 stepper motors.
Can someone provide a part number, and the link to a stepper motor.
I need explicit instructions, hand holding or it's not going to happen.

And if I miss out on the Misumi promotion, I won't feel bad at all, I'm that frustrated with their site.

Tks.

MISUMI First 150 Promotion Terms and Conditions
[us.misumi-ec.com]
Re: Last day of Misumi free $150.00 promotion
March 31, 2014 03:33PM
Here's a part number: HT17-275 NEMA 17, 3.3 Ohm, 1.2 Amp, 55 N-cm holding torque, etc.

Create an account, submit a quote (top right corner of page) with that part number and quantity, purchase the quote, done.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
A2
March 31, 2014 03:50PM
Tks, about to enter the order thumbs up

Order for 3 stepper motors has been placed, thanks for your help!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 07:43PM by A2.
March 31, 2014 04:57PM
I spent about 3 hours last night making friends with their web site, and placed an order for about $300 worth of various extrusions and other experimental odds and ends to use the free $150 offer before it expired. My head was hurting trying to figure out what screw lengths to order based on the product drawings, so I decided to just check out with what I had and sort out buying the screws once I have the parts in hand. Among the things that I ordered were three of the 60-degree extrusions (HFS60A5-20), to see if I can come up with a Delta carriage that rides on the outside surfaces.....
March 31, 2014 07:37PM
Yea, their site is pretty hard to navigate. But I must say, their steppers were wayyyy over priced from what I saw.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
A2
March 31, 2014 07:44PM
gmh39
Yea, their site is pretty hard to navigate. But I must say, their steppers were wayyyy over priced from what I saw.

Agree, crazy high price if they were imported.
You can get 3 for their price of one on ebay.

I'm really hoping they have a made in the USA label on the motors, and that the quality is higher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 12:03PM by A2.
April 01, 2014 07:30AM
gmh39
But I must say, their steppers were wayyyy over priced from what I saw.

Did you see the $40 thermocouples????? sad smiley
April 01, 2014 01:03PM
I did my first order 2 weeks ago, and thing that bugs me is that, you never get a shipping price.. i'm going to receive my order tomorrow and STILL haven't got the bill for the material and the shipping/taxes costs.

I hope I dont have any trouble with the 150$ promo confused smiley

the stuff on the site is a bit expensive i think. but still, some items you can't find on ebay.. like 8mmx12mmx25mm bronze bushings.
April 01, 2014 02:27PM
I had trouble picking from all the stuff they have. I don't need extrusion and all the really cool stuff was way to expensive. It came down to getting a pair of STR-2 stepper drivers to play with or 3 NEMA 17s. I went with the steppers because I don't know when I will have time to play with wiring new drivers to my rambo or ramps.

I guess it will be cool to see how high end steppers perform when compared to the cheap ones I usually use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 02:27PM by jzatopa.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
April 01, 2014 06:34PM
They are very cheap for many products but their quality is uncompromising. If you order the steppers, sensors, bearings or even fasteners it is very obvious that they are not your usual ebay fare. If you think Misumi prices are unreasonable, hop over to Mcmaster-carr and a Nema17 will run you 90-400$.
That being said, I don't need top of the line parts for my personal projects so I stay away from the Japanese/US brand actuators.

For a hobbyist, Misumi is most useful for their extrusion which is generally half the price of 8020 and comes very accurately cut to length. If you know their site well it will automatically generate CAD files for almost any part number, including any combination of alterations you specify. You can get all manner of strange cuts and holes put into the extrusion for a few dollars and assemble your project with nothing more than a hex key.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 06:35PM by 691175002.
A2
April 01, 2014 10:31PM
Rigor_M
thing that bugs me is that, you never get a shipping price..

I don't show a shipping price either, did your invoice show a total.

I read that in August Misumi is going to have a new web experience, and I think they will have another promotional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 10:31PM by A2.
Attachments:
open | download - ScreenHunter_518 Apr. 01 22.14.jpg (58.4 KB)
April 02, 2014 10:26AM
Misumi is similar to McMaster in that they don't quote shipping unless specifically asked to do so but the similarities end there. McMaster actually does an invoice quite quickly, Misumi on the other hand took a week and repeated phone calls after I RECEIVED the order before it was invoiced and charged.

Order Placed - 2/27/2014
Order Shipped - 3/7/2014
Order Received - 3/11/2014
Order Charged - 3/19/2014 (Entire order charged...)
Invoiced Credit - 3/21/2014

Still have not got the $150 credit to this day, I've already asked and been told they are quite busy but thats BS. Process the credit, you are not a mom and pop shop. I'll call today and complain but I'm sure it will be blamed on my credit card company not showing the credit or some other BS excuse.

I thought this promotion was to let people not familiar with Misumi get a chance to order and experience their products?

Their website sucks and has sucked for a long time(I've seen a friend use it 2-3 years ago and helped them). Any time you call, you get bounced off 4-5 people before you get someone that has any idea what is going on and even then they don't know what to do or I would not have been charged for the whole order...

I forgot to mention, I received 1 email though the whole ordering process. I got one the day I placed the order saying it was processed.

I did not receive and email for tracking and did not get an email about the invoice until about the third call to them at which point they said I did not enter an email....funny, I got an email saying order was processed and I get all these stupid "Webinar" emails from them. 4 of them in the last month, I might have deleted a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 10:32AM by tjb1.
April 02, 2014 11:00AM
tjb1
Misumi is similar to McMaster in that they don't quote shipping unless specifically asked to do so but the similarities end there. McMaster actually does an invoice quite quickly, Misumi on the other hand took a week and repeated phone calls after I RECEIVED the order before it was invoiced and charged.

Order Placed - 2/27/2014
Order Shipped - 3/7/2014
Order Received - 3/11/2014
Order Charged - 3/19/2014 (Entire order charged...)
Invoiced Credit - 3/21/2014

Still have not got the $150 credit to this day, I've already asked and been told they are quite busy but thats BS. Process the credit, you are not a mom and pop shop. I'll call today and complain but I'm sure it will be blamed on my credit card company not showing the credit or some other BS excuse.

I thought this promotion was to let people not familiar with Misumi get a chance to order and experience their products?

Their website sucks and has sucked for a long time(I've seen a friend use it 2-3 years ago and helped them). Any time you call, you get bounced off 4-5 people before you get someone that has any idea what is going on and even then they don't know what to do or I would not have been charged for the whole order...

I forgot to mention, I received 1 email though the whole ordering process. I got one the day I placed the order saying it was processed.

I did not receive and email for tracking and did not get an email about the invoice until about the third call to them at which point they said I did not enter an email....funny, I got an email saying order was processed and I get all these stupid "Webinar" emails from them. 4 of them in the last month, I might have deleted a few.

Odd. I didn't have any problems as all. In fact I forgot to put the code in the special instructions box, caught it the day after the order (which was when they invoiced me), called and they put it ont he order. They even reshipped some nuts that were supposed to arrive with my extrusion but didn't. Overall, I had a pleasant experience.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
April 02, 2014 11:16AM
Just got my order minutes ago and my CC also just got billed. For a 172.94$USD, I paid 82.85$CAN on my CC..

Its unclear if its only shipping or the total. the 172.94$ - 150$ dosent appear on my bank statement...

hope its totcal because I would not of agreed to a 83$ shipping cost. :-S
April 02, 2014 11:41AM
The amount charged should be total if it is like my order. I placed a 150$ order from Canada, paid 15$USD in shipping and then another 14% in tax (damn you HST). The total was around 42CAD after the conversion, so most of what I paid was tax and the us/cad conversion.

A friend in Alberta only paid 5% tax so he got a "better" deal in that sense.
April 02, 2014 12:02PM
The amount charged should be total if it is like my order. I placed a 150$ order from Canada, paid 15$USD in shipping and then another 14% in tax (damn you HST). The total was around 42CAD after the conversion, so most of what I paid was tax and the us/cad conversion.

A friend in Alberta only paid 5% tax so he got a "better" deal in that sense.

I see.. I cant say how much was the shipping, I never got a quote.

Well, this was fun.. at lease, the products are top quality ! :-)

Can wait to incorporate them in my design

J-F

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 12:11PM by Rigor_M.
A2
April 03, 2014 04:50PM
I received 3 stepper motors today.
No invoice, or shipping chargers were noted, so I don't know what I paid.

Unfortunately they are made in China by Applied Motion Products, P/N: HT17-275 (12/13).

The HT17-275 two-phase stepper motor is suitable for a wide range of motion control applications.
Terminated with 8 motor leads, the motor can be connected in a few different ways, including bipolar series and bipolar parallel.
[www.applied-motion.com]

$53.00 each, are these top of the line stepper motors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2014 04:50PM by A2.
April 03, 2014 09:51PM
I'm sorry but I have to say, There is alot of 3D printer part out there.. sure, alot of them come from china but still... for that price per motors, i'm sure you could of gotten 3 76onz.in NEMA 17 china. they are enough to do the job..

Personaly, for that rebate, i'm gotten things that need quality like bearings and smooth stainless steel linear rods :-)

just my 2ยข, dont want to start a fight over this :-)
A2
April 03, 2014 10:07PM
Rigor_M, that's OK, and what you said makes sense, I don't have a project in mind, so any thing was better than nothing for me.
I'm guessing that the cost of the motors came out to $10.00 each.
Bipolar Holding Torque: 77.9 oz-in
A2
April 15, 2014 08:14PM
I checked the billing on my CC, and Misumi followed through on their promotion.

$159.00, 3 NEMA 17 stepper motors.
$10.56, Freight.
$9.54, Tax.
179.10, Grand total USD.
-$150.00, credit.

$29.10, Final product cost for 3 NEMA 17 stepper motors.
Or $9.70/motor.

I'm looking forward to Misumi fixing their website, and I'll consider purchasing from them in the future, (but not stepper motors, way over priced).
April 16, 2014 12:27AM
A2,

I am not able to identify with your website issues. The selection for me is similar to sites like McMaster-Carr. You have a category and then narrow down the selection. The only thing I will mention is that you have to put in a little bit of time to decipher their categories. Once that is figured, you are home free to select your components. If you can't decide narrow the search down to a single part number, you can click the part number tab and see the list of part numbers. I guess I have two issues with the site (ah!)... If that part number list had a price for the items chosen, then it would be easier. From the part numbers listed, you can choose and select the quantity or length or whatever and get the quote and add to cart.

I ordered enough parts to build another printer (like the t-slot tantillus!) minus the electronics. I ended up with over 300 dollars worth of stuff for around 160. The parts I received appear to be of high quality and were packaged really well. If the goal of the sale was to get repeat customers, it worked on me. If I need extrusions or other extra material that fits their catalog, I will definitely look there before other retailers.
April 16, 2014 01:16AM
A2
I checked the billing on my CC, and Misumi followed through on their promotion.

$159.00, 3 NEMA 17 stepper motors.
$10.56, Freight.
$9.54, Tax.
179.10, Grand total USD.
-$150.00, credit.

$29.10, Final product cost for 3 NEMA 17 stepper motors.
Or $9.70/motor.

I'm looking forward to Misumi fixing their website, and I'll consider purchasing from them in the future, (but not stepper motors, way over priced).

Misumi's site is what it is. I order from them a few times a month. They're a B2B outfit and focus on that, not consumer or makers. Top quality parts. I don't know that you can compare the NEMA 17s they sell to the Kysan and Wantai on ebay (and I use both). The higher cost CNC gear doesn't use the cheap motors. Most of those motors ( and much if not most of the automation hardware) comes from Ningbo or Shenzhen. Very little of it comes from the US particularly electronics. For the most part DIY Repraps use low quality automation components compared to what is available for industry.
A2
April 16, 2014 02:42AM
I don't know why Misumi is not selling Geco stepper motors, as they are less expensive, and made in the USA.

Geco Drive
Country of Manufacture : United States
$45.00
[www.geckodrive.com]

Misumi
Country of Manufacture : China
$53.00
[us.misumi-ec.com]

As to Misumi website, if you have a software or EE background, then you will feel comfortable with Misumi website, as it's a lot like OpenScad.
But if you are an engineer, then it will be very hard to understand how to navigate their website.

One thing I don't like, is there is no detailed description of what it is they are selling.
Mcmaster Carr provides examples how it's used, what's it made of, etc.

If you can't take the time to provide some useful information about your product, I'm not going to buy it.
I prefer the seller to take the position as the educator, I think it would help them get new clients.

Review the Geco web page, tons of helpful educational information about how to use their products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 02:43AM by A2.
April 16, 2014 09:14AM
A2
I think you'll be waiting a long time for them to "fix" their website. Read the 5th review here about doing everythign by paper. I can easily see them doing many things via paper or at least manually based on my purchase. I sorta understand not being able to provide 100% guaranteed shipping rates for every order especially if they ship from multiple warehouses, different times based on availablity, etc. But at least give a ball park number. Digikey does that so I at least have an idea whether it's going to cost me $5 in shipping or $55.

For my order, my items were delivered 4/4. I wasn't billed until yesterday (4/15), and the amount I was billed doesn't correspond to anything that I could match it up to.

Total: 167.42
Tax: 11.72
Shipping: ???
Total charged to card: $15.73

I'm quite happy with the quality of what I received. And if you needed a very specific part then their configuration options/flexibility is awesome. But if you want accurate billing accountiblity they come up very short.
April 16, 2014 10:53AM
I got a shipping estimate right off the bat [which was removed from the invoice after I finalized it] and it stayed the same. I got my promo applied.
Let me just say. Those rails. Those. Rails. I got me some 12mm rails from them and they are as clean and precise as a rail can get. Rock solid, tight tolerance. You may be paying all but one limb, but I guaruntee you that you are getting what you pay for. Whether or not you need all of that is on you, but they deliver.
I'm an engineer and had no problem. But I'd like to claim that I actually solve problems rather than following routine. I do, rather than be told. So after I figured out how to play with the numbers and get what I want at the cheapest price it was nice. Got 3 1000mm and 4 500mm rods and a cable manager [after promo] for about $15. I didn't get charged until the day my packages arrived, but that's no problem to me.
Misumi is most definitely on my list of suppliers for future builds.

So I just wanted to thank you for bringing this up, I'd be off worse with my printer build if you hadn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 10:53AM by MrDoctorDIV.
April 16, 2014 11:41AM
MrDoctorDIV
I got a shipping estimate right off the bat [which was removed from the invoice after I finalized it] and it stayed the same. I got my promo applied.
That seems to be the opposite of what most others have experienced. I wasn't able to get a shipping quote either on the website or when I called in to modify my order as I forgot to change the quantity of one item. I was specifically told nothing was available until after it shipped. All I could get was a weight in grams.
April 16, 2014 01:08PM
I've also purchased from QU-BD [just a heater pad] without any problem. It was actually the first of many items I recieved. I have noticed I am pretty lucky. I have yet to run into the problems most have in the 3D printer buying community. But I also do my research before I buy from a company I'm not recognized with and understand what to expect if I choose to buy from one.
The biggest problems I've had are one my packages being mislabeled for another apartment and this morning I noticed a Misumi box at the door of the apartment opposite mine. I decided to look and it had my name and address correct, there's not way you could read the numbers wrong. It was my 2nd of 2 packages.
April 16, 2014 02:18PM
I am guessing MrDoctorDIV submitted the order for a quote first and then ordered the quote vs most of us just placing the order without quoting first.
April 16, 2014 05:23PM
tjb1
I am guessing MrDoctorDIV submitted the order for a quote first and then ordered the quote vs most of us just placing the order without quoting first.
That's exactly what I did, actually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login