Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new to the forum and to 3Ding and having some issues

Posted by tech5 
new to the forum and to 3Ding and having some issues
April 07, 2014 09:48PM
I am the proud new owner of a prusa mendel i2 with a wade extruder with herringbone gears purchased the machine already assembled and guy said it ran great, my issue is it was damaged during shipping and I've managed to super glue some of the pla part together and get it to travel all axeses great, my issue is the extruder I can manually feed filament fine but when it's printing it seems the. 35mm nozzle can't keep up with extruder and it ends up popping and making a racket and jams up then I tear it down clean it and check for clogs and put it back together and go again,am I just missing something or did I go stupid

1.75mm filament
.35mm nozzle
J-head
Printing temp 210c for PLA
Bed temp 70c
Re: new to the forum and to 3Ding and having some issues
April 07, 2014 10:08PM
Just to note,I have done multiple searches for my exact issue, and I do hate just asking but I can't seem to figure it out

Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that I did use the search function and browse the forum first
April 08, 2014 04:07AM
Can you extrude filament using the extruder when its hanging above the table?
April 08, 2014 05:13AM
Yeah,but is like it's backing up after a certain point and it starts to bind up and jams
April 08, 2014 09:14AM
Do you have a smooth filament path? Sometimes you might need to put a PTFE liner in the extruder so the filament doesnt bind and bend.

Also, check your tension.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
April 08, 2014 10:04AM
ill try that also , but i think i figured it out , dude built it ran a few good prints and then his PLA wades extruder took a crap "base split out"
so it has a new extruder with herringbone gears wich i belive is a wade extruder also .....im feeding PLA at 685 through it and after seeing a few more posts i think i need to be in the upper 400 range ,so i picked up a set of digital mics and a high temp infaread thermometer and going to try to give it a go again here in the next day or 2 ....is there a way to change the feed without recompiling marlin ?

thank you for your input on this issue ,cant wait to see it print good since i have friends already ordering stuff from me ...one for robotics and the other for model rocketry
April 10, 2014 04:19AM
Just ref your first post with your settings listed, you are extruding 1.75mm pla filament at 210 deg? That seems a bit high. I've got pretty much the same setup (except mine is the mendel90) and I've got it set to 185 for the hotend and 60 for the bed.

if it's too hot, and its jamming on retract, it could be pulling molten filament back up into the colder section, chilling off then jamming.
Check out the available settings in Marlins configuration.h sections and also your settings in slic3r...esp those retract and temp settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2014 04:21AM by ShaneH.
April 10, 2014 11:28PM
Also, do you know that your filament has been kept dry. As in stored with kitty litter or other. Filament is known to absorb water even if you cant tell which could be adding to the issues.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login